Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #15

Max, no apology necessary. Honest mistakes only come from honest men. With your self explanatory photos and simplified temp. conversion you have done a great service to the readers of this board.

Your open and public apology says that you must be a big man, if not in stature certainly in character. Thanks, Ken...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes I would like to thank you for your post and all the conversations regarding this post. It has been very informative and I am looking forward to purchasing a system for my coach in the near future. I certainly have been doing my best to keep this economic slowdown to a minimum.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:31 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
buck62,

I had the equal installed almost 3 years ago. All they did-- I watched them-- is remove the Schraeder valve and blew the Equal into the tire. Next go around (new tires), I'll have these screens installed.

I took the Schraeder valve out of the 1 1/2" extension today, on the wheel that was going flat, and it had a bit of white power on the red rubber seal. The new extension seems to be holding good after about 10 hours-- time will tell.

What did you set your tire temperatures to for the alarm mode? Do you travel in the heat of the summer? I avoid that time of year traveling-- I'll be put up someplace like Maine. We go up in early May and come home in mid- October.

I'm going to get the 4 sensors for the toad and maybe one for the RV spare tire.

The TST system looks great so far-- It's got everything I wanted.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #18

What is the price of the TST system?

JD
Old 01-26-2009, 05:32 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
weighit,

It depends on how many wheels you need to "sense". Six wheels are $299. Go here to check out your requirements.

Good luck,
Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #20

I didn't ask the price but I would be concerned with getting that fine powder into the sensor. It can't do any good for the unit and I'm positive there would be zero warranty on getting it replaced with powder clogging up the works. Screened valve cores are a must when Equal is installed into tires.

1999 International 4700 Low pro
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry, the price check was for jhughd,

The folks at TST said they have had no problem with Equal in the tires. I called IMI-- 800-233-7086--(makers of Equal) and they are going to send me the AirX filtered valve cores for my wheels. I plan on putting new tires on soon.

I found my air leak on my RR outer today. After I removed the wheel and soaped it down, bubbles were coming from the steel valve stem where it connects to the rim. I tightened the nut (it was loose) a good full turn-- It is a 9/16" nut. I re-adjusted all the air pressures and got them within a pound of each other on the TST display. My two mechanical guages read about 4-5 psi higher than the sensors read. I'll go with the sensor readings.

I ordered the range extender antenna to ensure contact with all wheels (the toad included). It mounts underneath the chassis in the rear of the coach. My house batteries are near the rear axel. I'll tap into that source of power for the range extender operation. I'll fuse the circuit.

So far I'm impressed with the system. Yesterday, the sun was shining briefly on one side of the coach. I could watch the tire pressure and temperature rise, and then fall as the sun hid again. It's a cool system

weighit-- The system has a warranty on it, and as I said earlier, they said "no problem" with Equal. Ken Roberts might ring in with details on this issue.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #22

As suggested, ring, ring. TST warranties their systems for one year and that includes all components purchased, i.e. dash monitor, all wheel sensors and if purchased the repeater/booster.

An addirional one year extended warranty may be purchased for #50 and it covers all of the equipment purchased in the original system. It matters not whether the original system was a 4 wheel system or a 10 wheel system the same $50 for an extended warrany applies if the customer so desires. Ken....
Old 04-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #23

Smile tire pressure monitoring system

Hello,
How important to have TPMS. What can you say about brand names. Are they all the same in quality/performance?. Anybody knows about TST brand? compare to Pressure pro?. Any kind of comments are welcome. Thanks a lot.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelation View Post
Hello,
How important to have TPMS. What can you say about brand names. Are they all the same in quality/performance?. Anybody knows about TST brand? compare to Pressure pro?. Any kind of comments are welcome. Thanks a lot.
Revelation,
I can tell you that my personal stand is that I won't be going anywhere in the Motorhome without my TPM system. Had a really horrific blow out last summer and it made a believer out of me, but everyone has their own opinion as to the usefulness of these devices. In my case, I believe it would have alerted me to a lowering tire pressure on the a steering tire and prevented the mishap. They ARE expensive, but the incident cost me over $1300 and a day of my vacation. As far as which unit to buy, do your homework on the boards. I bought the Doran 360 because it has a longer track record but I also like the TST as it measures temperature as well as pressure and has been getting some In the end, it's up to you.
RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
I use the pressure pro and have since 04, it has saved us a expensive repair twice on the RV, I would not want to travel without it, I was impressed by the TST system with pressure and temp at a cheaper price than most and the ability to add air without removing the sensors from the RV, saw this system at Perry FMCA Rally.

Walt
2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm of the same opinion as Ron, we don't drive without our TPM. Lost a tire on our Toad and wouldn't have known about it without a Truckers signal. Could have been BAD! From the looks of it we hadn't been towing it on the rim very long. We've always checked tire pressure before every long move (what a pain!), but now we check our Coach and Car daily. We have the Doran PressurePro and like it alot. It probably doesn't matter what TPM you get as much as having one.
AkTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #27

Hi there,
Thank you for all your inputs.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:20 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelation View Post
Hello,
TST is working well for me on my moho. i will have to install metal valve stems to use it on my toad.

01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote