Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #43

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I should have read my recent post a little bit closer--

I was refering to PSI--- It should have read " + or - 1 PSI "

Sorry,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
I ordered a system yesterday. I will be putting it to good use. Leaving the end of the month for a coast to coast trip. Will be on the road for about 2 months. I will let you know how well it works. Looks to be one of, if not the best system out there. I was in trucking for many years and know the importance of air pressure and heat in a tire.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #45

Max & UPS

Keep us updated on the TST performance over your travels.

I, for one, am very interested!!!

Thanks
Rick

PS Where or How does the TST System get its Temp readings???
Old 04-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latitude View Post
Max & UPS

Keep us updated on the TST performance over your travels.

I, for one, am very interested!!!

Thanks
Rick

PS Where or How does the TST System get its Temp readings???
the tst system gets both temp and pressure readings from the sensor that screws on to the metal valve stem on your vehicle.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #47

I have been using the TST system for over a year now during both cold, hot rain and snowing weather and I have been very pleased with the system. It has twice alerted me to low air pressure on two tires that I am sure would have been tire failures down the road. I have the repeater at the back of the motorhome and the 10 tire sensors. The motorhome has steel valve stems and my Saturn Vue has original rubber factory stems and both have held up with no stem failures. The only thing I would like to see is some sort of small light or flashing dot on the repeater just to verify that it is on and working. I am a visual person and plugging in something and assuming that it is working just does'nt agree with me. Although since using the repeater I get zero failed sensor readings from my toad wheel sensors so It must be picking up the signal. All in all, a nice performing system for a very reasonable price. TST keep up the good work.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
buck62
I know my pressures will be different. But.. What Temp setting is High? and What pressure setting is low to set off the alarms.. I hope I explained this well.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #49

UPS 34
I set my tire pressure low alarm at 10 pounds below my set pressure, example my fronts are set at 110 and my low alarm is 100 PSI so I can react to a possilble leak before I possibly damage the tire. Also as the tire heats up driving it will exceed the original pressure setting. I set my temperature at 120 degrees as a guess because the outside temperature does increase tire temp but I have never had a temp alarm. There is not a lot of information on what is considered an excessive hot tire, most information state that low pressure will cause excess heat in the tire. Most of the time I find that the tires are a little above the actual outside temperature. In the hot summer they run hotter than in winter. Hopes this helps you....
Old 04-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Yes. That helps. That is what i was asking. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS 34 View Post
Yes. That helps. That is what i was asking. Thanks for the help.
i run normal tp 90-92 psi cold. i have 19.5 inch michelins. on my tst system, i set my low pressure alarm at 85 psi and the high pressure alarm at 151 psi. i set the high temperature alarm at 158 deg f. before i installed the tst system, i ran 100-105 psi cold.

per info on this forum and from tire manufacturers, normal tire temperatures measured at the bead can be about 60 degrees hotter than ambient air temperature. the rear inboards can be 20-30 deg. hotter than outboards. the danger point is about 190-200 deg measured at the bead.
per info on this forum, brake temperatures of about 400 degrees indicate a problem with a brake.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #52

buck62, I am a distributor for TST and thoroughly appreciated your post #47 above. It is one thing for TST or me as a distributor to say the things you spoke to; but, when an actual user speaks to a very positive experience it has a whole different ,meaning and impact. I wish you well and stay safe out there, Ken Roberts....
Old 04-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Max.
My screen is different. It looks like a tractor and trailer. Did I do something wrong? It works good but just a different screen,
Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS 34 View Post
Max.
My screen is different. It looks like a tractor and trailer. Did I do something wrong? It works good but just a different screen,
you can erase from the screen the positions that you do not use. my dw read me the numbers and i input them in each position. i can't remember how i erased the unused positions.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:05 AM   #55

Workhorse Chassis Owner
UPS 34,

My monitor is of an older design. I couldn't understand the printed instructions and I called TST. They sent me a new instruction manual, via the internet, that was more user friendly. It had a different monitor shown--- that's probably the one you received.

Should work fine---

Good luck,
Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
i can't remember how i erased the unused positions.
Any position you don't program (you leave at the original default FFFF setting) will simply not display when the receiver has been set up. Only those programmed with sensor ID numbers will display on the screen