Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #57

Proper High and Low

Ok, I,m confused about the high and low setting thing, the low pressure is a no brainer, but what do you set as HIGH. My correct pressure is 100 psi. I'll set my low at 90 psi, what is the best setting for the high psi? HELP
Bob

36' Kountry Star fver with 2006
Bob-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have had my TST system about a month, and have made a few trips with it in place. I currently have mine set on 140. Maximum cold wheel pressure is 120. My front cole pressure is 105 and the rears are 100. I have not yet seen the running pressures come anywhere close to 140.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Question about attaching the sensors. I currently have the hub mounted dual inflators that make for fairly easy pressure checks and inflation. Can the sensors be attached there on the sides of the hub or do I need to remove those extenders/inflators and attach them closer to the actual tire valve stem?

BTW- I wish I had them now because I leave in a week for a 2000mi roundtrip to Goshen, IN for a rally. I understand there will be a TPMS vendor there but don't know which brand it will be. Hope it's TST.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
You can install them on the end of the fittings by the hub. Mine works great. I have the same setup. Order them now and have them shipped Next Day Air. I think it still will be cheeper. No Tax..
Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
I'll add my tid-bit!

Take a silver Sharpie marker and on the edge side of the sensor, mark it's proper location and the sensor code.

We just got back from a trip to Idaho. The rain and wind stripped two of the labels off the sensor. Having placed this information on the side of the sensor saved me from having to figure out what the code was. Also, when I take them off, I know where they have to be reinstalled.

The system worked great!

I will have to get the repeater as I did lose contact with the toad, from time to time.

I will mount it in the bedroom, probably to one of the overhead light wiring harness.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Ken,

I sent you a PM
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:29 AM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Q View Post
Ok, I,m confused about the high and low setting thing, the low pressure is a no brainer, but what do you set as HIGH. My correct pressure is 100 psi. I'll set my low at 90 psi, what is the best setting for the high psi? HELP
Bob
per info on the old forum and from the tire manufactures websites, it is considered normal for tire temperatures to be about 60 deg hotter than ambient. the inside rears can be 20-30 deg hotter than rear outboards. temperature of 190-200 degrees indicate trouble. these temperatures are measured at the BEAD.
brake caliper temperatures above 400 deg indicate trouble.
i don't have enough experience with the tst system yet to tell how the tires bead temperature relates to the tires air temperature.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #64

I have my monitor set to allow the tires to add about 35lbs of pressure before alarming. I run 110psi in my 'H' rated tires and have seen them go to 133 psi on hot days of running. I set the low to 100psi. There is a learning curve to setting the monitor and I think I will do a You-Tube video and give a step by step narrative to help those with the new systems I sell. Once the system is set and programmed I find it does everything it is supposed to do without any problems. Its just getting past that first step that is sometimes a bugger.

1999 International 4700 Low pro
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I am curious how others have found the comparison between the TST Sensor pressure readings, and their normal tire gauge. I have a couple of "truck" tire gauges, one a cheapie and one a much better one. They read very close to one another. Both read about 4 psi higher than the TST sensor reports. For example, if I use the gauge to put 105 psi in a tire, then put the TST sensor on the tire, the TST system will report 101 psi. I've always plussed my pressures up apx 5 psi from the tire mfg chart for my weight, so maybe I was actually setting the tires close to right on!

What have others found when comparing the TST reported PSI to what you read on a normal tire gauge?
Old 04-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #66

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I'll add my tid-bit!

I will have to get the repeater as I did lose contact with the toad, from time to time.
I will mount it in the bedroom, probably to one of the overhead light wiring harness.
Hey Gordon, the repeater works great. I installed mine above an overhead light in the back of the MH and have had no loss of toad sensors.

For the others, I have had this system for over a year and have had no problems. I run 100 psi, my low is set for 95 and my high is set for 115. I have hit the high alarm in hot weather going down the road. Never realized just how much the tire pressure can change from cold to hot and especially as you are moving.

Just a note about TST, They covered my system for warranty replacements even though I had bought it elsewhere. That is real customer service.

I had two gages that read about 4 psi apart, one gage matched the system so that's the one I kept. I also had it checked at Discount Tire and they said it is right on the money.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #67

I second the customere service, they are very responsive. Dan is a great guy to deal with! On the pressure, the tires do warm up a little more than I thought they would. I'm running 100 psi and set at 114 psi high, they hit 115 today at only 66 air temperature, averaging 60 MPH. I have to adjust something!
Bob

36' Kountry Star fver with 2006
Bob-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
For the others, I have had this system for over a year and have had no problems. I run 100 psi, my low is set for 95 and my high is set for 115. I have hit the high alarm in hot weather going down the road. Never realized just how much the tire pressure can change from cold to hot and especially as you are moving.

Just a note about TST, They covered my system for warranty replacements even though I had bought it elsewhere. That is real customer service.
TST did the same for me and have earned my respect, and future business.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #69

Funny you should ask, as I have been checking mine and others to see what is actual. I use this gauge http://www.haltec.com/webdev/GA850350.pdf and I purchase a dozen at a time that I sell as I weigh rigs and travel. I lay all 12 out on the picnic table and check a tire on either the truck or trailer with each gauge. They are all within 1 psi reading of each other, so I feel pretty good that I have a accurate gauge. The TST senders all seem to be within 1 to 2 psi of my digital gauge readings on my vehicles using my gauge. I would suspect even 3 or 4 psi of being on the mark would still be close enough to keep me informed on the pressures. I've pulled Pressure Pro senders off and checked the actual tire pressure against my gauge and have found up to 3 psi difference, so I have to think they are all pretty much the same for being close.

1999 International 4700 Low pro
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #70

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was wondering what to do on the inside duals .
I can't get my hand in through the outside wheel to mount the sensor to the value stem.
My MH came with the braided extensions can I mount the sensor to this extension or is there another way.
what do you use ????