Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #71

Minisprint,
If I can jump in here. I recently installed the sensor's on my braided valve extensions. I asked Ken who works for the company that makes the TST tire monitoring system before I did so and he assured me that they will work fine installed that way. So far mine have been on three days and seem to be working fine. I'm getting ready(next week) to go on a cross country vacation so I'll let you know when I return how they worked or if I had any issues with the senor's on the valve extension's. Hope this helps ease your mind.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #72

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you Letgoagain now I can sleep tonight
Old 05-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #73

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Minisprint--

I have mine mounted on braided extensions, no problem.

Here is the mod I made to support my extensions securely-- This picture was taken about a year and a half ago before I ever heard of the TST system.

Here is the sensor mounted at the 12 O'clock position on the inner dual-- I mounted the sensors with minimum problems although I suggested to TST to machine the sensors with four flats (instead of just two) so as to facilitate removal/installation with wheel covers mounted on some of our rigs. I find I can use an open end wrench easier than the supplied tool that fits the sensors on some tires as the valve stem length is critical for easy access on some wheels.
You can look at the sensor at the 6 O'clock position and see an open end wrench will work better than the supplied tool.

I also have Equal in the tires for balance.

It all works fine

Good luck,
Old 05-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #74

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Max H
I like the idea on the bracket you made good idea now I know what I am doing tomorrow making two
Old 05-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #75

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
although I suggested to TST to machine the sensors with four flats (instead of just two) so as to facilitate removal/installation
GREAT SUGGESTION!! I have difficulty getting the supplied "wrench" on and off mine, particularly getting the wrench off after installing them, and I have aluminum wheels -- four flat sides would make it much easier.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
I have had mine on for 3 weeks now. 2 days ago one tire showed 10 lbs low. I removed the sensor and filled the tire to the right air pressure. Put the regular cap on. still no air loss. i guess the Sensor was loose or it leaks. It felt tight when I removed it. i am going to install the Sensor and see if it leaks down. Anyone else have this problem.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #77

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
i guess the Sensor was loose or it leaks
I had a flat tire on my toad while parked the day after the first run with my new TST system last March. That sensor was loose, and when I checked the other sensors, most were a little loose. I added teflon tape to those stems I could easily reach, and checked all the sensors for tightness after the next couple of trips. I found most just a little loose the first couple of times I checked, but now they seem to have settled in and stay tight. I did have one sensor that leaked 20psi or so overnight regardless of how tight it was, and TST replaced it. I have found them to be great to work with, and eager to resolve any problems.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
My 1st trip with them was about 1700 mi driven and 12 days long. I recorded readings every morning before travel and at the end of the day after a cool down of a couple of hours. Results of my Initial cold pressure check after installation to last cold pressure check morning of day 12 showed the following differences: LF 2lbs, RF 3lbs, LRI 1lb, LRO 3lbs, RRI 0lbs, RRO 3lbs.

My trip should have been 500mi longer but I had to leave it at my sons in-laws in PA. Will be going back to get some work done on it June 9th so when I get to it, it will be interesting to see what the pressures are after sitting for 28 days. I'll let you know.

BTW - I will be adding 4 more sensors for my toad.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #79

Monaco Owners Club
I am conviced that I need the "TST Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring System" before our next long trip. Do any of you guys know who has the best price?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #80

National RV Owners Club
Hansville, TST is less then Doran or Pressure Pro, unless they have adjusted their prices. Check all three out, here is TST's web site http://www.tsttruck.com/Product_List.html
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #81

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I am conviced that I need the "TST Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring System" before our next long trip. Do any of you guys know who has the best price?
An iRV2 member (Ken Roberts) is a distributor for the TST system. Go to page 4 entry #52 of this thread, click on his name and send him a PM. He'd be glad to answer any of your questions about TST.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansville View Post
I think all of us that sell the TST system are at the same price, I don't know if anyone is discounting them.
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #83

Ken, I have been reading the posts about TST. My question is I have a 2008 Honda Fit toad which has a factory installed TPMS. Will this conflict with the TST system. I assume the Honda system is internal.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #84

Use of TST TPMS on Honda w/ OEM System

Flossie, the short answer is no the TST will not interfere with the Honda system. Some folks take their TST monitor with them when they are out with their towed vehicle and leave the TST sensors on the tow and the motor home as is. The benefit is that TST will still measure PSI and Temperature; whereas, the factory installed Honda system only measures PSI.

One fellow only wanted a 6 wheel system and yet he was towing a car. When questioned why not a 10 wheel system, his response was that the car being almost brand new had an OEM system. Problem: when towing out on the interstate who is going to know if the towed car OEM system goes into alarm---he went with a 10 wheel system.

Hopefully this answers your question, if not we will try again, Ken....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote