Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #99

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossy View Post
Oemy, that's a slick installation. I will probably blatanty copy it whenI get my equipment.

Thanks
Be aware that this is NOT the best for viewing on a consistent basis as the steering wheel does obscure your view to some degree.

But, as they are mounted with velcro you can move them if needed for better viewing when testing and returned after your done testing.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
my SCII is viewable on top of the steering wheel in the 2 lower steering wheel tilt positions. my TST is viewable through the spoke when the steering wheel is in the straight ahead position.
i can see my speedometer through the spokes better than in the picture.
Attached Images

01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #101

Has anyone hardwired the power supply for their TPMS? If so, Could you tell how you did it? My electrical knowledge is very limited.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb604 View Post
Has anyone hardwired the power supply for their TPMS? If so, Could you tell how you did it? My electrical knowledge is very limited.
My unit came with a female cig lighter plug which i hardwired under the dash to the same source that powers the backup monitor and the "coach heater blower switch".
i used a "splice lock" quick tap from napa for the +12v and there was a ground stud handy under the dashboard. this circuit is hot only when the ignition switch is on.
i have disconnected the coach heater since it was inoperative and kept blowing fuses.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #103

Thanks Dan, I am having trouble finding a splice tap, but I haven't been to Napa yet. I want to mount my TST monitor on the left of the steering wheel and there is a fuse box nearby. Has anyone tried add-a-circuit? I saw it in the auto parts store today and it looked like an easy way to connect any 12V accessary that draws under 10 amps, but it has only one wire to connect to and I was wondering where to connect the ground?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #104

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Thanks Dan, I am having trouble finding a splice tap, but I haven't been to Napa yet. I want to mount my TST monitor on the left of the steering wheel and there is a fuse box nearby. Has anyone tried add-a-circuit? I saw it in the auto parts store today and it looked like an easy way to connect any 12V accessary that draws under 10 amps, but it has only one wire to connect to and I was wondering where to connect the ground?
add a circuit should work fine.
i am planning on using one of those to install fog lights on my moho. if i remember correctly, the ground stud that i used is near the back of the radio under the dash. you may have to add some extra wire to use this stud.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #105

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
I used the "hot" lead running to the ignition switch...

wrapped the TPMS wire around the spade on the switch and pushed the connector on over it.

Easy Peasey One Two Threesey
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #106

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
my SCII is viewable on top of the steering wheel in the 2 lower steering wheel tilt positions. my TST is viewable through the spoke when the steering wheel is in the straight ahead position.
i can see my speedometer through the spokes better than in the picture.
I like your setup on your dash. So, hows that wheel temp. while driving to Hawaii?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #107

Mythplaced, excuse my lack of knowledge, but their are two wires on the power cord for the TST monitor (red/white). If I wrap the red on the hot lead for the ignition switch, where did you connect the white (ground?)
Old 07-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #108

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Mythplaced, excuse my lack of knowledge, but their are two wires on the power cord for the TST monitor (red/white). If I wrap the red on the hot lead for the ignition switch, where did you connect the white (ground?)
Ground to anyplace that has a direct connection to the chassis....

I used the grounded case of the 12V "cigarette" lighter recepticle... THe center is the Hot to the 12V recepticle..
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #109

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
When I programmed in my sensor codes, I did it backwards so the Large figure is the Motorhome and the small figure is the toad, to me it looked better and made it more realistic looking. I could not abide with that little box with duals pulling the big box with only 4 tires. Just a thought.

Have a great day Happy trails Bert
Old 07-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #110

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmiles View Post
I like your setup on your dash. So, hows that wheel temp. while driving to Hawaii?
its ok unless i run outa gas...
Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #111

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
When I programmed in my sensor codes, I did it backwards so the Large figure is the Motorhome and the small figure is the toad
I did the same ... more intuitive to me too.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #112

Howdy,

I've been reading about TPMS's a little bit since we lost air in a trailer tire coming home the other day. Caught it in the mirror and got it changed before it blew, but it underscored that I'd like to have some type of monitor.

Have any of these units been on the market long enough that longer term (five years or so) reliability has been evaluated? On the motorhome we just put a deposit on, it looks like one of these would pay for itself the first time it prevented a blowout, but cheaper is better if reliability is the same...

Do they all work with sensors on the valve stems? Any issues with adding weight to the valve stem on 22.5 rims?

Edit: One more question... I'd consider putting sensors on my race trailer and also the tow dolly... Can the system handle not having some of its sensors in range gracefully, or would I need to reprogram it for each case whenever I change?

Thanks!

Mark