The coach weighs 39k lbs loaded (46k GVWR) and has a wheelbase of 271"
It has a tag axle. The actual weights on the axle are 13k(Steer), 20k(drive), 6k(tag)
My goal was to tackle three things that the older Bilsteins were not good at :-
1. Bridge expansions @ 60mph
2. Potholes @60mph
3. Frost heaves (winter) @60mph
I was tempted to get the comfort bilsteins but decided not too
as no where in their literature they claim to tackle my requirements
where as KONI claimed to do so in their webpage
My old Bilsteins looked fine and worked great except for above.
For test purposes i only installed the front four shocks
I have been pleased with results so far
Both expansion joints and small potholes are a much softer ride now
I cannot give you a quantitative data unfortunately
Only winter will tell if frost heaves have been tackled as well
The way i tested is:-
1. I sat down on the floor while DW drove at 60mph over expansion joints
before and after the shocks were changed.
2. I observed how the contents of the coach behaved before and after the change
3. I kept an ear on the jolt the entire coach felt
4. I also observed that the rear of the coach with Bilsteins rode harsher than the front
of the coach with Koni's
Because of these results, i have ordered the rear KONI 8805-1005 shocks now
and plan to install it once it arrives
I encourage you all to try this.
NOTE> This mod may/mayn't work for you and i claim no responsibility