Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2015, 12:30 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Interesting changes at the RV Show

Went to the Spokane International RV Show and noticed some interesting changes. First, a lot of MH mfgs are going to white furniture and white tile floors with medium stained cabinets. They look nice, but felt cold and we wondered about how well white would hold up? Ovens are gone, but the three burner stoves remained. Just about every MH over 40' is all electric. Mostly cabinets replaced the ovens and dishwashers were an option. Residential refrigerators have replaced all other makes of RV refrigerators. The shades and blocking shades have changed to a roll-up/pull down instead of the accordion type. They look like the real deal with no more fighting the strings that run through the accordion. Unfortunately, we asked if anyone in Spokane sold them and the answer was no. So far it seems that no one has figured out how to make an ergonomic living room setting even by adding two TV's up front. There's always that lazyboy chair sitting in front of a TV or an "L" shaped couch that still requires someone to have to turn their head to see the TV. In most cases HP has increased and so have the prices. However, it was a great day to spend on a foggy afternoon and we left feeling very comfortable with what we have.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Yep, those are pretty much the norm now. You did forget to mention that fireplaces are really starting to get popular too.

Year before last we upgraded to everything you mentioned (plus), primarily because we typically set all summer in one place with small trips and we really like having all the features we have at home.

Ron

lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:48 AM   #3

When we ordered our coach a couple years ago we specified brown tile and brown upholstery.. the white just won't cut it with us and the dogs
Old 01-25-2015, 08:08 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago for 3 years had a model the Journey 40U that had the "L" shaped sofa and the TV directly accost from it at eye level (the unit we have) and is very easy to set and watch with no strain. THEN for 2014 with the new fad of bath and 1/2 units went to a 40R and dropped the 40U (even though it was one of their top sellers) . Well I guess they realized their mistake and for 2015 the brought back the 40U and dropped the 40R bath and 1/2.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Our L-shaped couch is also directly across from the fireplace with the TV on top of it. Viewing is excellent and comfortable.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:25 AM   #6

White is insanity in any MH...heck for my family white is insanity for a house, but that's another story.......
Old 01-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
So far it seems that no one has figured out how to make an ergonomic living room setting even by adding two TV's up front. There's always that lazyboy chair sitting in front of a TV or an "L" shaped couch that still requires someone to have to turn their head to see the TV.
We looked long and hard to solve that problem. Finally settled on Challenger 37KT. We are very happy.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
JMHO but why can't they come up with a light taupe instead of white? Ours is a 2015, TV situation is good, but the walls are light brown and the furniture is dark taupe! Go figure! Lighter walls would have been the norm, as it does seem a little dreary. Can we wallpaper over their dark stuff?

Yes, I wonder why they change good layouts without a thought why people are buying so many of that plan.
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I still wish they'd offer more light full-body paint options. Our region's boat/rv show just concluded last wknd. The dark coaches out numbered the light by 3-1. I've got a light one & I have friends with dark. I've tested the temps with a laser thermometer & I will not ever have a dark painted coach.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I still wish they'd offer more light full-body paint options. Our region's boat/rv show just concluded last wknd. The dark coaches out numbered the light by 3-1. I've got a light one & I have friends with dark. I've tested the temps with a laser thermometer & I will not ever have a dark painted coach.

Lori-

X2 on the dark paint. We purchased used but looked for lighter colors.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor7 View Post
White is insanity in any MH...heck for my family white is insanity for a house, but that's another story.......
White leather works well for us. Even with 2 cocker spaniels that love mud it's better than the brown fabric in our previous motorhome. The couch, drivers and passenger seats are white leather that cleans easily with a damp cloth. The floor from the drivers area to the bedroom is a white/grey combination vinyl that is also far superior to the carpeting in our previous coach.

Most of the things mentioned by the OP have either been standard equipment or options since at least 2012. We opted for the oven rather than the cooktop with the storage below. We also went with the optional gas rather than the electric cooktop. The residential refrigerator was an option for us, but we went with the standard Norcold. We didn't want to give up the space for the additional batteries and liked the gas cooking for times when we go boon docking.

The MCD blocking and sun shades were also standard, with power ones for the front window.

Many of the 2015's now come with all LED interior lighting which wasn't available in 2013. We had a combination incandescent/LED which we changed to all LED last fall.

As for price increases it seems to happen on an annual basis. The base price of our motorhome has increased over $20,000.00 in 2 years. However many of the things that were optional 2 years ago like whole house water filters, residential refrigerator, entertainment center, king size bed, and generator auto start system are now standard

Some things that weren't even available 2 years ago are also now standard equipment like solar panels and full LED interior lighting.