Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
After our first trip out I was thinking about installing some type of rear view mirror so I could see what was going on inside the coach. However I don't necessarily want it up when we are watching TV. Anyone done this, and thoughts or advice... or photos?

Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
After our first trip out I was thinking about installing some type of rear view mirror so I could see what was going on inside the coach. However I don't necessarily want it up when we are watching TV. Anyone done this, and thoughts or advice... or photos?

Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #3

I stuck a 4" catseye to the dash/instrument panel area. Must have paid $3 for it at WalMart.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
I have thought about getting a small mirror but never have. Good idea.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:20 AM   #5

I have used an old right side car mirrow and mounted it in the last three motorhomes I have had. The convex allows you to see in a wide angle all the way back to the bedroom. It is mounted high and below the tv with a couple short self tapping screws.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
GLTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #6

I tried rigging up a spare camera I have.Problem is it doesnt have enough range or clarity(it is a cheapo).I might invest in a voyager camera and hook it above tv,use the spare camera location on the rearview system.Works for me.I sometimes drive with just the kids and really do need to be able to see them

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #7

I put a rearview mirror from a Winnebago Journey. It was about $20. I use it, but can't really see as much as I'd like. I still end up turning around for a quick glance.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #8

I use a small mirror that has a clip which I attach to my visor. I got it in the Baby section at Walmart. The advertised use is to keep an eye on your baby in the back seat of the car. Many different sizes available. HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #9

My MH has a regular automotive mirror mounted on the center windshield post. It does a pretty good job down the aisle, but does not allow seeing the sofa or anyone on the wall side of the dinette. Also if the bathroom doors are open, I see what's ahead of me in the mirror bouncing off the rear closet mirrored doors. I bought a license plate size mirror designed to clip to a visor that I use "hand-held" to check on the kids on the sofa.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:14 AM   #10

Sounds crazy but--I carry a hand held mirror about 5" by 8" and keep it on floor next to seat. Pick it up when needed and can look around behind me pretty well. Not perfect, but is the best solution I have found to date. I find I do not need it often, usually when I hear an unusual noise when things go bump during the ride.

2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35'
Art E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #11

I went to Babies-R-Us and bought a little baby view mirror with a suction cup. It looks like a mini rear view miror, I stick it on the TV screen and it works great. Pops right off when I want to watch the tube. It was only a couple of bucks.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #12
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Kind of a relief to find out I'm not the only one with this issue. I like the baby-mirror stick-on idea. My quick glances just do not generate the required data.

RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote