Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I know this probably isn't your exact model, but this owners manual shows how to remove your radio on page 30 and also Aux inputs on back.
http://www.magnadyne.com/MagPublic/P...s/M1-CD-UM.pdf

Here is an adapter cable that will go from RCA to your ipod output.
Arista Stereo Mini-to-RCA Adapter 6-foot cable with mini and dual RCA plugs at Crutchfield.com

Sammie
That cable would go into my VCR. Perfectly what I need. Would it play through the VCR and with the inverter on while driving down the road?

BarbRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbRN View Post
That cable would go into my VCR. Perfectly what I need. Would it play through the VCR and with the inverter on while driving down the road?
Not sure, but you can buy it and try it.

Sammie

Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #17
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Help me out here Barb.
The Winegard Entertainment Select is a bunch of push button switches, or am I missing something?

The dash radio may have an iPod cable attached to it. Some Winnebago's came supplied with a cable. Depending on your brand and model of dash radio there may be a "DIN" type plug on the back. There is a special cable made for those for the iPod and Sirius connectivity. The only way to tell is to look at the OEM manual, or pull the radio out and see what you see.

If you have an entertainment system that is part of the "house" system, contains an am/fm receiver, DVD player, etc., there should be at least a right and left (white & red) RCA phono jack on the back side. Some may even have them on the front side for "quick" hook-ups, while the back is more for permanent hook-ups. Any 3.5mm plug that will plug into the iPod and has a set of RCA cable on the other end should work. You will have to tune the entertainment system (Mode switch) to the AUX input mode. It depends on the functionality of the entertainment system.

Also on the market, and I have one that I use, is a Belkin Model #F8Z049-BLK FM Transmitter and Doc. It plugs into the cigarette lighter. It works well for me, although I have not used it for a long time because i have an AUX input on my dash radio.

On the iPod to RCA cable there will be two varieties. On is the 3.5mm stereo plug type that splits the audio to the two RCA plugs, and the other will be the one that plugs into the charging circuit and splits into the RCA phono plug.

The better method would be to see if there is an adapter port on the dash radio. It will then take care of all the needs including charging, as will the Belkin FM Transmitter I mentioned.

Good luck
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #18

Wayne, what a thorough reply, thank you. Yes this entertainment system has buttons. I can't find the releases for the radio yet, they might be around but I don't know where we put them. I will check that. The cable you mentioned is just the ticket if I can figure out where to plug it in. Everything is bolted down, of course.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #19
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
A good old wire clothes hanger cut into two pieces, the ends snipped and then formed into the horseshoe shape, you would put both ends of one piece of the hanger into each sides slots, push, and the spring should release. Pull the radio out.

I don't believe the selector you are talking about controls the entertainment system. It will control the VCR/DVD playing on the television, and in that manner may provide audio, but I don't think that is the way to go.

You need to either hook directly to the entertainment system, or the in-dash radio.

If you had a model number on the switch, entertainment system, or radio I could possibly give some better answers.

p.s., the Belkin FM transmitter will play through any FM receiver, whether it be in-dash or entertainment system.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #20

OK everybody, I found the things to remove the radio. Took it out of the dash very easily and there is an RCA jack with a red and white connector. I assume I can plug right into these with the proper cable. I need to figure out which one will connect to my iPod and order one now.

How do I know this is the size for Ipod earphone jack?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8QpZB1u...er.html?tp=122
Old 10-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbRN
OK everybody, I found the things to remove the radio. Took it out of the dash very easily and there is an RCA jack with a red and white connector. I assume I can plug right into these with the proper cable. I need to figure out which one will connect to my iPod and order one now.

How do I know this is the size for Ipod earphone jack?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8QpZB1u...er.html?tp=122
That is the correct size for the iPod jack. The iPod earphone jack is 3.5mm.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot.bro View Post
That is the correct size for the iPod jack. The iPod earphone jack is 3.5mm.

Thank you so much. How does one know this?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #23

Good news, everything is put back together and it works great. Surround sound system really does well with this!