Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Camping World is one of the many great reasons to learn to fix things yourself.

No commute costs.
No agonizing waiting for use of your RV.
No need to feel like you have been lied to.
You know you are in control.
Sense of accomplishment.
Use many of the skills you already have from house repairs.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
When I started looking for another class A I looked at lots of CW listings. I found one that I really liked the floor plan on but it had a flat rear tire. The salesman said no worries we'll fix it tomorrow before your test drive.

Next day I came and sure enough the tire was aired up, but the windshield had imploded. It cracked vertically along the curve on the side and split apart. The salesman was shocked that I wouldnt even drive it.

Can you imagine how jacked up they had that rv to split the windshield?

Old 04-13-2015, 09:10 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep, they most likely did you a great service.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:55 PM   #32

Gosh tomhruska: Do you think you opened a giant can of worms?

A long time ago, in a universe far away, I had a dealing with Camping World. I was greatly impressed with the fact, that, when things went south, they stood up and acted with great integrity.

Since then, they have been bought and re-bought, and what you see is what you get.

Every time I have tried to deal with them on service, it has all turned to mush. Fortunately I have always gone into the deals with my eyes wide open and have avoided getting bitten.

Too Bad.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #33

Rexhall Owners Group
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redapple View Post
Camping World RV service or sales = Ripoff.

The only thing I buy from Camping World comes in a sealed box directly from the mfg.
And most of the time when I drive 17 miles to go to the store to buy some parts or accessories, they are out of them anyway. If I HAVE to do business with them I will only do it online. I will gladly eat the freight on an item to NOT have to go to the store.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #34

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Given the size of CW and the amount of stuff they are expected to be able to do there is no mystery why there are a lot of complaints. OTOH they are competitive in price and seem to be comparable in service in that most suck. A lot of the complaints are interesting in that they need parts or authorization from the supplier thus causing delays. No dealer who works on their margins will stay in business giving things away. That includes service.
Competitive prices? They want $134.00 to install a TOILET. Almost everything else can be had for at least 25% less at other places.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsdock View Post
Worst thing I bought from Good Sam was Coast to Coast - Lied to and misled all the way. All 5 star parks - not. and very few to choose from - Its a rip off
Lol. We had a c2c membershio years ago and NEVER ran across a 5 star park. 2-3 star at best. A way better alternative is passport america for way less.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:54 PM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
You people do know that GS has a complaint forum over on their website. The more complaints they receive over there may influence their rapid response team to do something about it. In addition, they will respond to each and every one of your complaints and maybe, just maybe you might be able to get some satisfaction out of it.

Remember GS/CW is a very large company and there is absolutely no way that they can exist without problems but by giving feedback can and will help alleviate some of them.

My .02 cents..

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #37

Thanks Ron, I did that and have yet to receive satisfaction.
In essence , can I expect satisfaction from an entity with 123 bbb complaints ? Ratings online of 1 or 1.5 ?
Yes I can expect it , but will I get it is another story.?
Being a large business doesn't excuse them from treating membership customers like crap, especially membership customers !!!
Old 04-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #38

Hey Ron, are you aware that every post on irv2 gets a web listing ?
That's my way of warning people of shenanigans of scheisters in the rv world.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:34 AM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhruska View Post
Hey Ron, are you aware that every post on irv2 gets a web listing ?
That's my way of warning people of shenanigans of scheisters in the rv world.
Not sure I understand your post...web listing? shenanigans? scheisters (sic)?

With all due respect, can you expand on this a little please?

Quote:
tomhruska Thanks Ron, I did that and have yet to receive satisfaction.
In essence , can I expect satisfaction from an entity with 123 bbb complaints ? Ratings online of 1 or 1.5 ?
Yes I can expect it , but will I get it is another story.?
Being a large business doesn't excuse them from treating membership customers like crap, especially membership customers !!!
Tom, did you receive a response to your post on their website? Since we rarely see the extended conversations between GS and the initial poster, I've often wondered if their problems have been taken care of. I totally agree with you on your comments above...not sure about the ratings of online and/or BBB comments as I've never seen that in print.

In my experience, the larger the company, the worse the customer service is. But I can say that in all my rv'ing years and using GS/CW, I've never experienced a negative service.

Sorry for your problems with them...wish I could be of help.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #40

This appeared this morning in my local newspaper. It was sent by a reader to a community sounding board column:

"Ron Pockette of Wellford shares with Stroller readers a positive experience he recently had at Camping World just off Interstate 26 near Inman. He needed some work done on his camper, and after folks at Camping World checked all systems, Mr. Pockette took his camper to Lake Greenwood, where he discovered a problem with the refrigerator. “I contacted Paul Thomas, the service manager, and he spoke with me a couple times on Saturday and again on Sunday (his day off), advising me of different steps to try to get it working on electricity. It was working on propane. No luck. Mr. Thomas could have said at least it works on propane or bring it back in and he would check it out, but that’s not his style,” says Mr. Pockette. “He arranged for a member of his repair staff, Ashley White, to drive the 70 miles to meet with me on the site to check it out at no charge. That is going the extra mile to provide great service. Thank you, Mr. Thomas, and I hope the rest of Camping World’s staff follows your lead.”

I guess with all the Camping Worlds out there, there are some that are very good and some that are very bad. I am lucky to live near one of the former.
wallacerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:19 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
Not sure I understand your post...web listing? shenanigans? scheisters (sic)?

With all due respect, can you expand on this a little please?

Tom, did you receive a response to your post on their website? Since we rarely see the extended conversations between GS a nitial poster, I've often wondered if their problems have been taken care of. I totally agree with you on your comments above...not sure about the ratings of online and/or BBB comments as I've never seen that in print.

In my experience, the larger the company, the worse the customer service is. But I can say that in all my rv'ing years and using GS/CW, I've never experienced a negative service.

Sorry for your problems with them...wish I could be of help.

Ron
Hi ron, I was contacted with questions from a rep but as yet have not been informed by him what was being done. A partial reimbursement was nogiced on credit card, but no explanation or contact ffom anyone.... go figure. Got a lots of guff from oeople for badmouthing gs and safeguard and canpling world. I guess thdy felt I need to just bend over and let corporations get away with whatever they can. NOT !

If you type in a search on google for instance....
Bone to pick with camping world ... see what you get .
Thanks, be well
I have learned of 3 camping world dealers which received praise. Heard a lot more negative ones. In retrospect, I'm thinking I should have spent my $ on going to alfateers in California for great service with great attitude for customer service. Ydt maybe one of those 3 Cw places may honor their own extended warrenty policy ? Hmmmm...
Old 04-19-2015, 04:10 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I am completely at a loss to understand why anyone who has done even a minimum amount of checking would ever buy an RV from, or have an RV serviced by Camping World. It absolutely boggles the mind.
Agreed. I do like the little golf carts ride you around in though

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping