Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #1

Is it just me or does anybody else pick a bone with Camping World?

Nothing but grief after the purchase from Camping World in Chattanooga. Didnt get an owners manual , sales guy says they have no control over manuals. Pretty lame answer.
2 days ago blew a tire on I10 in Florida near Tallahassee. Camping world/Good Sam tire warranty leaves a bit to be desired. Paid 600 upfront for the policy. Had to pay another 400 and wait 5 hrs to get a tire mounted. To top it off, the tire dealer tried to mount a 3000 rated tire when I paid for a 3960 rated tire. Now I wait for a reimbursement , that one party says I shoundnt have to pay, the other says you have to pay. Safeguard Products International services the contract for Good Sam. Camping World washes their hands of anything. They are just selling for the Profit.
We had to make a fuss in the showroom to get service in Chattanooga, which ended up being POOR service and shoddy work.
maddczech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
Go over the RV.Net. It is owned by Good Sam Enterprises, that also owns Camping World. Post you problem under "Camping World Sales and service".

Link Here: RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Service and Installation

A support tem will answer your e-mail in a few days and has the power to help you out. Good Luck.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Go over the RV.Net. It is owned by Good Sam Enterprises, that also owns Camping World. Post you problem under "Camping World Sales and service".

Link Here: RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World Service and Installation

A support tem will answer your e-mail in a few days and has the power to help you out. Good Luck.
X2 on the rv.net. The Marcus Rapid Response Team contacted me by phone within 30 minutes of posting there. Not sure how they even got my number unless it was with camping world records.
We bought a new coach at the CW of Indianapolis and it was a total disaster, manuals, didn't put 30 day tag on and after asking about it they printed one out WRONG, that took 30 minutes to get corrected, missing 2nd set of keys, clips that hold screens in had a bunch robbed and 2 screens fell out in way home and the killer was no title of 34 days. It got worse after that. never again will we purchase a motorhome from CW. It was like pulling teeth to get anything done, calls almost daily. I feel your pain but contact the MRRT. They will help.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:14 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The only business I am willing to do with Camping World is occasionally shop for accessories or buy parts I install myself. Their labor is overpriced, and work quality is haphazard.
caheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caheath View Post
The only business I am willing to do with Camping World is occasionally shop for accessories or buy parts I install myself. Their labor is overpriced, and work quality is haphazard.
dang, they best not be haphazard in work quality. My mh is in there for repairs to my storage locker areas after a buck on the road thought he could be able to run out in front of me. /mikey
mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:33 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by caheath View Post
Agree, Same here.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:40 AM   #7

I'm no fan of Camping World by any means. My experiences lately with the service department at the one in Kissimmee Fl were not good and I'd never do business with them again.

There's no excuse for the dealer not providing manuals for a new coach. If you didn't get them during delivery they should be provided to you. Unless of course the dealer is saying you lost them. The manufacture should be able to get them from the dealer.

I lost a hubcap on my first drive after I picked up my coach. When I went back to the dealer to ask how much to buy a new one the service manager went into the back and gave me one at no charge. Tough to beat that kind of service.

As far as tire warranties go and tire service, you are completely at the whim of whatever local tire dealer gets sent you to as far as the kind of service and amount of time the repair takes. I went back and forth for a while and finally decided to buy an unmounted tire to keep in my RV because people had warned me it was an uncommon size and it could take a couple of days for to find a replacement when on the road.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #8

In my case the time issue was with the policy provider not the tiredealer. When we finally got service approval, which meant "pay upfront", the tire guy was there in under 30 mins. But the amount the policy provider"safeguard" negotiated, and the amount the tire guy showed on the bill was 100 $ different. Immediately I see red flags, tell the tire guy to stop. I check the tires for comparison, bingo, not the same as quoted. So aftrr 4 hrs of bs on the phone to get approved for a service I already paid 600 for, then paid an additional400 to get a tire guy to bring a tire and install, to find the tire guy trying to put the screws to me too ! Sory , my mamma & pappa didn't raise no fools ! So actually the tire guy was going to give me a subgrade tire by 100 $, plus he would get paid the full price by the insuranceSafeguard/good sam. Gleaning another 100 $. IF I get reimbursed, the ins paid 100 $ too much ! And the tire gets 200 too much free and clear, plus 195 for a tire change and inflated tire price to start with. The problem started with a snotty road service Safeguard rep who would not listen to what was being perpetrated because all she understood was company POLICY !!! And that's the way it done sir! Was her answer. She stated she would send me a claim form! I said , I'm on the side of the interstate with a blowout, in sweltering and heavy traffic, and you want to send me a claim form ? And I'm in Florida not Wisconsin my home resedence! Jeeze louize !
So, the safeguard service holds me hostage for cost of the whole fiasco of 5hrs to complete the job. At their discretion and that of the obviously shady tire dealer, I wait to see if my job meets the tire condition standard of 3/32s of an inch in tread minium! Which it does and I made damn sure to take plenty of pictures.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #9

The crux of the issue remains to be the treatment we received by Safeguard and Goodsam. We were treated like theives! But the theives they trusted were their service provider tire dealer. They trusted his inflated prices and dishonest practices. I'm still waiting for my reimbursement.
NOW CAMPING WORLD SERVICE and Sales DEPARTMENT IN CHATTANOOGA IS A WHOLE ANOTHER BALL GAME. The service and sales depts don't get along and admiitedly by the sales manager! They don't communicate, honestly, and when they do communicate, they don't agree. They say they will take care of something but they don't. I was held hostage in a swamp of a campground with freezing weather approaching and they don't care. I'm just getting started on this !!!!!
Old 04-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #10

Howdy!

We just recently spent a week at camping world. We're fulltimers and need a list of about a doesen thing taken care of for warranty work on our Cyclone 4000 TH. The very first day almost everything was completed. The one problem was a TV in the TH area had a snowy picture. They would pull the RV out and plug us into 50amp electric every evening. Second day I asked what was the hold up and they're reply was they are waiting on a call back for the manufactor about how to fix the TV. I finally complained to the manager and he was also concerned why they could not digiose and fix the TV problem and need to call someone. They finally fixed the TV. But during our stay when they brough out RV out one evening for ua to stay in I onticed they had damaged it. I immediately reported it to them. A service manager and a asst store manager looked at it and the first thing they stated was "are you sure you did not d that yourself". I had to contain myself at that time. They aggred they would fix it but we would have to come back for that repair as tehy had to order parts to do so.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Never ever ever buy anything other than parts. Install them yourself or have a reputable service do the work. There are not enough "help assistants" on the planet to comply with anything close to normal sales and service. Run, run, don't look back ever. Spoken by someone that learned the hard way!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #12

I had some work done at the CW in Berkely mass. Total disaster! 4 trips to try to fix just cost more money and left me with non repairs and shoddy work. Never again!
lkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #13

Camping World RV service or sales = Ripoff.

The only thing I buy from Camping World comes in a sealed box directly from the mfg.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhruska View Post
Nothing but grief after the purchase from Camping World in Chattanooga. Didnt get an owners manual , sales guy says they have no control over manuals. Pretty lame answer.

Very lame answer. When we get new deliveries, regardless of manufacturer, one of the checklist items is ensuring we receive the manuals for that specific model. The manuals are then labeled to correspond with the stock number we assign each unit. Once that unit is sold and begins the PDI process the manuals are retrieved and placed in the unit prior to the walk-thru. I would call the manufacturer and let them know you didn't receive your manuals.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping