Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I see he found his answer.. Sat Radio antenna

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I see he found his answer.. Sat Radio antenna

A giant sized one!

Old 08-10-2015, 10:56 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is this an Antenna?

It's definitely an old XM antenna, I know because I just replaced mine. They don't make that type anymore.

I started getting spotty sat radio reception. I contacted Fleetwood and was told to replace it with any Sirius/XM antenna of my choice. I got one on Amazon. Installing it was a pain. The antenna cable is feed thought the ceiling behind the head banger TV. I then had to route the new antenna cable down the driver side A-pillar to the dash, then under the dash to the radio. The replacement antenna was much smaller than that huge mushroom, so I re-installed the OE mounting screws and covered them liberally with Dicor, sealing around the new antenna in the process.

Satellite radio works great now.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:40 PM   #32

It's a spacecraft from Mercury. Those Mercurians are quite small..
dano726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Spartan Chassis
LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
X2 or alittle Chinese person fell thru the roof other than that I'm stumped.
LMAO
WRENCH18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #34

Looks like the Sirius antenna that is on my 2005 Winnie Adventurer. Location on the front is about the same. And I see you have the same crappy CB antenna is the same place. What's the little white mushroom to the right of it?
Old 10-05-2015, 06:02 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsekr View Post
Looks like the Sirius antenna that is on my 2005 Winnie Adventurer. Location on the front is about the same. And I see you have the same crappy CB antenna is the same place. What's the little white mushroom to the right of it?
A&E Awning wind sensor - which actually works.

Trying to decide what to do with that CB antenna as I do want to add a CB. The Sirius antenna will get a little Dicor and left alone until for now. Eternabond won't stick to that sealant.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #36
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
UHF Transit antenna. Previous owner may have had a radio in the 450mhz frequency range. A Transit antenna is a low profile rugged mount antenna designed to handle limbs and low hanging stuff. Transit buses and trains use these. Not the most effective gain but they offer reliable and life time use. It could be 800 mhz but not likely.

However, as an owner of a communications company I can tell you I had vhf, uhf, and 800mhz antennas on my rv's. I made radio and telephone calls in places it took years for cellular to cover. In many cases there is still no coverage in some of those areas.

It could also be part of a cellular repeater system the previous owner had. It could be the outside antenna part of the system.

If you can find a coax and the connector the picture of the connector would really be a big hint.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
UHF Transit antenna. Previous owner may have had a radio in the 450mhz frequency range. A Transit antenna is a low profile rugged mount antenna designed to handle limbs and low hanging stuff. Transit buses and trains use these. Not the most effective gain but they offer reliable and life time use. It could be 800 mhz but not likely.

However, as an owner of a communications company I can tell you I had vhf, uhf, and 800mhz antennas on my rv's. I made radio and telephone calls in places it took years for cellular to cover. In many cases there is still no coverage in some of those areas.

It could also be part of a cellular repeater system the previous owner had. It could be the outside antenna part of the system.

If you can find a coax and the connector the picture of the connector would really be a big hint.
If your talking about the original question, that was solved and it is a Sirius antenna. The white mushroom device is a wind sensor.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #38

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad I stumbled on this thread. I have the exact same little dome on my 2015 Georgetown. I was wondering what it was for. I thought maybe my coach was satellite-tv ready and that was just a cover. Alas, its only a satellite radio antenna. Drat...

Elexwiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna