Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Itasca hydraulic pump motor

I have a hydraulic pump that will not run even when supplied with 12 directly to the motor. My question is: Has anyone worked on the motor itself? I was wondering if they are rebuild-able to any extent. I contacted HWH but they have no motor information, but they do have a repacement motor. $224.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Which pump is it, the levers pump?
How about some info on the rig?
Yes I have taken a few of them apart and repaired as needed - saves a load of $$$

Old 09-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
2002 Itasca IPF32V Workhorse chassis 8.1 L engine the HWH # is AP2260 but they told me this was obsolete, replaced by RAP90311. thanks for the reply Bob
Old 09-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Try a local starter/alternator repair shop. They may be able to help you.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hydraulic pump motor repair

I took this to a auto electric shop and they fixed it pronto for $40.00 just a faulty ground inside the motor. Thanks for all the replies. Bob
Old 01-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #6

Bob I am having the same problem but have yet to tackle it. The solenoid works and it's getting power through it but the motor doesn't work. I was thinking the same thing on a local repair shop because it almost looks like an automobile starter motor so I am guessing it works on the same principle. When you took the motor out of the end of the hydraulic tank, mine is located on the side of the tank, is it sealed or do I need to drain the fluid first?
Sorry to dig up an old thread but that's what happens when you search. :-)
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Itasca hydraulic pump motor

The motor is sealed from the pump and resivoir. There is only two bolts on mine,small about 5/16 hex head. My solenoids were held on by a gear clamp so all I had to do was loosen the gear clamp take out the two bolts and slide out the motor. The auto-electric shop said it had a bad ground, it only had to be cleaned. I hope this helps, Bob
Old 01-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #8

Thanks Bob. I am trying to call them now to see. Mine is an older 110 model unit with basically the resivoir box and then the motor on the end. I didn't see any solenoids in that area where the motor is at. If it doesn't leak and make a mess I am going to dig into it. There is a local hydraulic shop that sponsors me and my racing so I was thinking I would get them to work on it before I spent the $300 for a refurbished model from HWH. I am sure it can be fixed just like a starter or something.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #9

Pump removal

Hi there
I need to remove pump from reservoir but like you have pump on end or reservoir
I cannot see 2 bolts,the only 2 hold the reservoir in place any ideas on how motor removes
Many thanks
Regards
Oldun
Old 03-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey View Post
Thanks Bob. I am trying to call them now to see. Mine is an older 110 model unit with basically the resivoir box and then the motor on the end. I didn't see any solenoids in that area where the motor is at. If it doesn't leak and make a mess I am going to dig into it. There is a local hydraulic shop that sponsors me and my racing so I was thinking I would get them to work on it before I spent the $300 for a refurbished model from HWH. I am sure it can be fixed just like a starter or something.
I pulled the 2 5/16" bolt out of the motor and took it to the starter/alternator repair shop and he fixed it for $57. It didn't have a good ground running through it so he fixed that and actually improved the way the motor grounds itself with an external wire.
Oldun, the bolts are right on the end of the round pump motor if that's what you have. They run all the way through the motor into the reservior.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #11

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey View Post
I pulled the 2 5/16" bolt out of the motor and took it to the starter/alternator repair shop and he fixed it for $57. It didn't have a good ground running through it so he fixed that and actually improved the way the motor grounds itself with an external wire.
Oldun, the bolts are right on the end of the round pump motor if that's what you have. They run all the way through the motor into the reservior.
hi
thanks for info,found bolts and removed motor which unfortunateley was burnt out and beyond repair but found the original manufacture agent in uk and saved over $100against hwh prices
thanks again
oldun
Old 03-11-2011, 03:59 AM   #12

Here was my part and was available right here in Pa. BUCHER HYDRAULICS INC - ITEM:(K-08053)
Old 04-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldun View Post
hi
thanks for info,found bolts and removed motor which unfortunateley was burnt out and beyond repair but found the original manufacture agent in uk and saved over $100against hwh prices
thanks again
oldun
Hi peeps - baby's first post on this forum! Thanks for the info on this motor - I have an A-class in the UK whose slide-out motor has finally given up after several weeks of threatening to. I'll try removing it shortly and run it in to a sparky shop to see if they can repair it.

oldun, I've just PMd you - where did you get your replacement in the UK?

Thanks,

Dougie.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
UPDATE - motor removed easily (tiny bolt heads though! Wouldn't have believed they retained it if I hadn't read it here..) and will be taken to auto-electrician's tomorrow for (hopefully) a fix. Thanks again.

Dougie.