Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2016, 04:34 PM   #1

J Lounge drawer guide

One of the ball bearing guides for the drawer under the J lounge has come apart. The guide is marked Accuride 04 03 8. I've run internet searches and don't come up with this number. (It's the weekend so calling Accuride or Winnebago won't help right now). I am wondering if someone else has had the same problem and what they did to fix it. Thanks

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2016, 05:44 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Accuride is a pretty big name in drawer slide mechanisms, I'd think if you measure the length of the slide it shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement.

Drawer Slides (glides) | CabinetParts.com

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:56 AM   #3

Take it to a well stocked or mom and pop hardware store as these may be in their stock or catalog.

CC used a knife hinge for their cabinets that nobody stocked.

Visited a local hardware store known for locating impossible items and on their counter in the 6 inch thick catalog we found the part and it was distributed by a company in our area...

Most family run hardware stores have a passion for finding the odd things as anyone can sell a bolt
Old 02-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I live pretty remote so will drive 40 miles to the nearest town and check out hardware stores and probably a cabinet shop to see it they have or can order what I need. If they don't then I'll go another 30 miles to a big town and do the same thing. This isn't rocket science and I'll be able to find something that'll work.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #5

Call them on the phone.

Text them photos with a ruler next to it as well as photos of any part numbers.

Year of rv may help as the age of the hardware.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:02 PM   #6

I sent an email message to Accuride and they (Jorge M Perez, technical services) promptly responded via email, asked a couple questions. I sent them the information and they responded with what seems to be the correct part. I'm very pleased with the response. Oh, If anyone needs the part number it is 3017.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:13 PM   #7

Just a follow up to this. The original drawer guides were very expensive. I found usable ones at Home Depot for about $20. I'm sure they are not as strong as the originals but my spouse says she will not put much in that drawer - so we'll see how that works.

Tags
guide