Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #15

Looks exactly like what happened to mine. Car54, did you hit a tree limb or something?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by motohomo View Post
Looks exactly like what happened to mine. Car54, did you hit a tree limb or something?
I have hit a few.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:44 AM   #17

Having a similar problem. I'll be following.

Fulltiming in a 2012 Newmar Ventana LE 3634
Old 10-28-2015, 12:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy1000 View Post
I Took my Winegard Sensar off last year and replaced it with a Jack antenna and have been very disapointed with the performance. I am going to reinstall my Sensar and not look back.
hardy1000
Good plan.

Does your Winegard Senar have the Wingman added?
My 19 year old batwing, with the $20 Wingman added, out performs the King Jack... (especially in remote locations far from TV broadcast towers).

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 10-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onegeorge1 View Post
Having a similar problem. I'll be following.

You saw it's fixed now right?
Old 10-28-2015, 08:40 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
We've got one of the Jack antennas for "air" TV in our coach. Earlier this summer, while retracting the wall slide after a night of heavy rain - the slide started to come in a little different than usual. Basically the bottom moved in a little easier than the top of the slide - which resulted in the upper edge of the slide moving a hair closer to the ceiling of the coach than usual. I happened to notice it - just as the edge of the slide trim made contact with the plastic cover of the part of the Jack antenna that's inside the coach. It was just enough to knock the cover off - and damage the on/off switch that's the small metal box that hold's the device's electronics and protrudes thru the side of the plastic cover. I called the folks at Jack - and talked to somebody in their service department. They knew immediately what part I was talking about - and 2 days later a replacement electronics box arrived at a total cost of less than $20. The service I got from the folks at King definitely got them added to my list of "good guys" !!!
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:38 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
hardy1000
Good plan.

Does your Winegard Senar have the Wingman added?
My 19 year old batwing, with the $20 Wingman added, out performs the King Jack... (especially in remote locations far from TV broadcast towers).

Mel
'96 Safari
Yes, I installed the wingman also.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
We've got one of the Jack antennas for "air" TV in our coach. Earlier this summer, while retracting the wall slide after a night of heavy rain - the slide started to come in a little different than usual. Basically the bottom moved in a little easier than the top of the slide - which resulted in the upper edge of the slide moving a hair closer to the ceiling of the coach than usual. I happened to notice it - just as the edge of the slide trim made contact with the plastic cover of the part of the Jack antenna that's inside the coach. It was just enough to knock the cover off - and damage the on/off switch that's the small metal box that hold's the device's electronics and protrudes thru the side of the plastic cover. I called the folks at Jack - and talked to somebody in their service department. They knew immediately what part I was talking about - and 2 days later a replacement electronics box arrived at a total cost of less than $20. The service I got from the folks at King definitely got them added to my list of "good guys" !!!
SpaceNorman

It has been my experience that King Controls, (the maker of the Jack OTA antenna and the King Dome satellite antennas), are "good guys".

However, (also in my experience), that doesn't make the Jack antenna anywhere near as good for OTA TV reception as a Winegard batwing with a Wingman added.

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 10-29-2015, 08:16 AM   #23

Car54 I did see you had fixed your problem. I appreciate the pictures. I did not realize you could take the top off from the roof without removing the base. My problem is that the power booster does not always light the green light. If I unplug the coax it always lights. I suspect it is an issue with the coax up top.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:46 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Hi all- I have a Jack antenna in my moho which worked good when I bought the motorhome. It would show me blue signal lights that would vary depending on the direction I swing it. Lately (using my home location for comparison) it doesn't show me blue lights and I'm not able to tune any channels in. After I run my auto-program I move it and try again. Nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA!
I have a jack ant I was not happy with by mistake I left signal sensor disconnected I found I got twice the channels and all very clear
Old 10-30-2015, 06:03 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
SpaceNorman

It has been my experience that King Controls, (the maker of the Jack OTA antenna and the King Dome satellite antennas), are "good guys".

However, (also in my experience), that doesn't make the Jack antenna anywhere near as good for OTA TV reception as a Winegard batwing with a Wingman added.

Mel
'96 Safari
Well said Mel

Tags
antenna