Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
Junction City Oregon Service options

Have a new 2008 Safari Trek 29RBD with a number of warranty issues to be addressed ( and which I apparently will have to pay for ).

My question: Which of these two Service Centers located nearby in Junction City, Oregon do you on this list most recommend.... Carrier & Sons or Guaranty RV? Of course if there are any other recommendations close by, I'd be interested in those, too. I need to make an appt. soon.

Ed & Lynn on the Oregon Coast
2013 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2006 Scion xA toad
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 AM   #2
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Arrow RV Service Reviews

Check out RV Service Reviews http://www.rvservicereviews.com of Service Centers in your state.

Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by Ed_G View Post
Carrier & Sons or Guaranty RV? Of course if there are any other recommendations close by, I'd be interested in those, too. I need to make an appt. soon.
I have used the Guaranty RV Service Center in Coburg, not the one in Junction City, for all the service and warranty work on my Newmar and have been very satisfied with thier performance and quality of work. They are part of Guaranty RV, which is a Safari dealership so warranty work is no problem. Not sure what Chassis you have but they also are an authorized service center for several chassis manufactures (Spartan for sure), they also do routine maintenance on engines. Both of the Service Consultants are very pleasant people to work with. It is also very convenient to I-5 and the sales offices, just down the road about 2 blocks.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything"
2008 Newmar VTDP - 3330 - ISBXT 350 Spartan NVS
Toad - 2013 Mini Cooper S or 93 Nissan 4WD PU
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Ed- A good service outfit will separate your issues into system problems and Safari problems. E.g. if your generator isn't starting, it may be an Onan problem (integral circuit breaker, etc.) or it may be Safari (like how they wired it). The stuff that belongs to the system mfgr should be covered by that part's mfgr from the date of initial purchase in most cases. There are a few parts outfits that only warrant from the date of coach mfgr purchase, but those are few and hopefully you won't have too many. The Safari stuff will be your cost at least till Monaco's BK gets sorted out. But a clever service outfit should be able to get sub-system guys to handle warranty on their junk, er, I mean, well, you know.

Isn't your rig on a Workhorse or Ford Chassis? If so, that may be a large portion of the mystery stuff on your punchlist and should be covered by the chassis guys. We had a Trek B4 the Alpine and loved it except for the driving characteristics; ours was a P30 GM chassis, later bought by Workhorse, who is part of Navistar, who is rumoredly buying Monaco or its cremated assets which may include Safari.
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
Thanks to those who have so far responded to my query. In answer to a couple comments, I will note that I do have a Workhorse W-20 chassis; however, none of my warranty issues have to do with the chassis, but with Safari coach issues, e.g. internal and external water leaks, black valve leak, some cosmetic issues, etc. I had read some good reviews on Carrier & Sons, which is not far from Junction City's Guaranty so was wondering if anyone else here had preferences. My prior experiences with Guaranty have been fairly good although they seem awful pricey. Perhaps Carrier is the same.... don't know. My main concern is quality of work.

Ed & Lynn on the Oregon Coast
2013 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2006 Scion xA toad
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
I purchased my coach new through Guaranty. They screwed me on several issues bad enough that I will never go back to them for any reason. The work was fine but their selling tactics were not above board.
Bob Retired Army Traveling alone now.
2008 Camelot 40 PDQ 4 slides ISL400 towing a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quadcab
Western MT in summer, AZ, NV in winter
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #7
Solo Rvers Club
Well you've heard good and bad about Guaranty RV, so I don't know how you'll sort it out, but I can give you a VERY strong recommendation for their service team. My brand new fiberglass roof tore badly on my new rig when the slide came out, a serious warranty issue, and I camped at their place for 6 nights while they did a great repair. They hooked me up to water and electric, so I could live in my MH, shuttled my rig daily to their body shop, worked on it all day, every day. I watched the whole process, had daily conversations with everyone, including the service manager. They let me talk directly to their warranty guy, let me talk with EVERY person who worked on my rig. They were friendly and courteous throughout, and I highly recommend them. Oh yeah - they did a great job.... Best of luck!
'07 Itasca 35L/W22 FULL-TIMING
1000 Trails - VFW - 5 Yrs Army
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
Ed, There is a relatively new outfit called Oregon Motorcoach Center. Started by Bob Lee, former owner of Country Coach. THey had a mobile service in Indio, CA this winter and folks were very pleased at the service they provived. I believe they are in Eugene. Might be worth a look at this option.
Joe in Seattle; winter: Motorcoach CC, Indio, CA
2015 Essex 4503
2010 Honda CRV toad
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #9
Guaranty did some warranty work on our Monaco this past fall. The techs are great. There were a lot of owners having body work done. I saw the results and it was of superb quality . I would recommend them anytime! The waiting room is horrible as is the so called CG .
2008 Dynasty 42' Diamond IV
2004 Safari Trek ( Mexico Unit)
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
First of all...welcome to iRV2...we are glad you have joined us here!

Carrier & Son did all of Duffy's Dad & Duffy's Mom warranty work last year when they took delivery of their 2009 Camelot. I know they were very pleased with the work that was done. I also know that was the place many of the locals from Eugene went to for their work that they paid for themselves.

May I also suggest that you check out the Monaco Forum for some help on some of your issues that you might be able to do yourself.

Again...welcome to the forums..we hope you visit & post often!

*MonacoMama with the 2 Pins & SacsTC Nearby*
*2007 Monaco Diplomat 40' SFT<>2006 Chevy VortecMax Toad<>2006 Buick Lucerne Leading the Way*
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote