Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Look for an increase in your insurance cost when you go to renew if the ticket is still on your driving record

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
If the camera caught you I bet you broke the law. Pay the ticket. What makes you better than all others who break the law?
The OP said "what if". The New York ticket post said email and had never been to NY...now how would a camera get an email address to forward to. Appreciate you should be responsible for your actions, but most have not suggested not paying or that they are too good to pay for a camera speeding ticket. Just saying...

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #17

One more reason to call the court and ask. They will tell if there is a real ticket and what your options are, and how to pay the court directly if you need to. Then you can put the thing behind you and not have to wonder if it was real, or if will bite you someday, and no danger of falling into a phishing scam if you contact the court directly by phone.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club

Forgot to say that, but right on the mark...just a phone call away.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
This thread just reminded me that I got a parking ticket in downtown Key West back in about 1986-87, and left town without paying it. I wonder if I should be concerned if and when I ever go back there.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #20

The other thing that come back to bite your is license renewal. IF you can't keep your foot off the gas in the vette and forget to go to Court in another state they may be in a reciprocal deal with PA and report you to them. You may be required to satisfy the ticket plus penalties to renew your PA license.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #21

In many states, you don't need to be pulled over for them to check on warrants. With the technology these days all they need to do is drive past you in either direction and if the camera can see your license plate the camera/computer in the cruiser can spit out wants and warrants on that vehicle.
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
In many states, you don't need to be pulled over for them to check on warrants. With the technology these days all they need to do is drive past you in either direction and if the camera can see your license plate the camera/computer in the cruiser can spit out wants and warrants on that vehicle.

X2 this is alive and well in many places these days!
tomckeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctox View Post
This thread just reminded me that I got a parking ticket in downtown Key West back in about 1986-87, and left town without paying it. I wonder if I should be concerned if and when I ever go back there.
I would say yes! Unless the police department has had a complete computer main frame failure since then....
Back in the early 80's, friend received a speeding ticket during bike week.......did not pay........30 some years later, back at bike week, got pulled over, ran his info., drug him off to jail , wanted the "NOW" $600.00 speeding ticket paid, small amount for the ticket back then, now the interest added! He had to pay it in full before releaseed
Old 12-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
In New York a red light camera infraction is mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle.
They don't care (and can't prove) who was driving so the registered owner gets the infraction.
However no points are assessed on the registered owner's driver's license as they just want your money.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #25

Legal notices are snail mailed just like jury duty and other summons.
The cam shot will be included in the letter, with instructions on how to pay. Don't ask me how I know.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #26

Or, Hypothetically Speaking, you are on your way to Alaska for your Bucket List Dream Trip. You go to cross the border into Canada and your name comes up with an outstanding warrant.
Sorry Mr., but you are not admissible into Canada today. Bye....

These things have a way of biting you when you least expect it.....
Old 12-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Several years ago, I got a parking ticket while on a work assignment in Germany. They chased me down all the way back here to get their 50 euros fine. Was told that until the fine was paid, I would not be able enter the country because of a hold being put on my passport.

Pay the fine.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
I once had a ticket go to warrant in California. I moved to Florida and Florida would not issue me a license until I cleared up the issue in California. I'm pretty sure most states now are all tied together by computer and have bi lateral agreements regarding warrants.