Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I got the WashWax All system early this year and have used the process a couple of times. Coach wasn't very dirty those times but it did work well. I try and use the California duster after every travel day and if there are water spots or something that didn't dust off I use the WashWax All product. I also carry a 1 gal bug sprayer that I put distilled water in for any wash down needs, especially the windshield, and it is the best thing I have found to help clean the windshield. The distilled water is the key, doesn't leave water spots like tap water and even RO water does.

Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbhubbert3 View Post
Try this company: Aircraft RV Cleaner Waterless Wash Wax Detailing Products Supplies .

Works on airplanes. Works on motorhones as well, and really well. I doubt that any rv park/campground would object.
This stuff is probably great for spot washing as are other products mentioned. I just have a hard time rubbing on highway dirt without any water. I don't think airplanes have to follow 18 wheelers in the rain.

On trips it is a problem. I never go to truck washes. They use brushes which will harm a full paint gel coat coach. I have gone to self serve washes where I can control where the pressure wash wand goes and I use my own lambswool washer thingy. Keep the pressure washer wand away from decals.

Then when we find an RV park that will allow it, I gitter done!

Don

Old 08-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #17

Well, you clean it good and hit the road and the protective patina comes back to the finish real quick. I dont get out of shape about "clean". Every 3 months is good, and the checkbook does a better job than I can dream of doing myself.

Just sayin.....

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #18

I'm with KSCRUDE Blue Beacon for me. No brushes. Always been great for me
Old 08-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #19

I also use the California Duster if things are not too dirty. If I cannot wash, then I use a capful of car wash soap to a 1/2 gallon of Distilled water. Does a good job with no streaks or spots. With Distilled water, you don't need to wipe it back down to dry.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #20

American Coach Owners Club
I have used Blue Beacon several times and seen no problems at all, usually quick in quick out gets me a thorough wash without brushes. I still rather do it myself when at home and with time.
My brother manages a fleet of 8 fuel haulers with high dollar custom paint jobs. They have used BB for years without any issues.

You guys using the waterless cleaners, how to you handle the gritty road grime that you commonly find on the lower 1/4 of the coach? I cringe at the thought of rubbing that "dry" across the clear coat on my coach. Just wondering.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
gacamp, the instructions for wash wax all says that if there is grit or sand you should wash it off first before using.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbumn View Post
As we get closer to spending more time on the road, I would like to learn the secret's of keeping your coach clean. Winnebago recommends not using Truck Washes on their coaches with full body paint. Also, most campgrounds we visit have the big NO WASHING OF RV signs all over the place. So what do you do? Can't just pull out the power washer, bucket and brush on the side of the road.
Outbumn,
Well Sir, your statement about "Can't just pull out the power washer, bucket and brush on the side of the road" is well, not exactly true. I brought up this subject of "packing a power washer" a while ago on either this forum or one of the others and, actually quite a few folks carry one. I set mine up, it's a little Karcher, either 500 or 1000 psi one, that uses about 1/2 to 1 gallon a minute.

I've done exactly what you said "Can't do". And that is, find a rest stop, preferably one that's large enough so that you can pull off to a corner some place and, it takes me about one minute to setup my little power washer. The RV water pump does the job of supplying enough water for it just fine. I break out the folding ladder, a bucket with a couple of nice, clean microfiber towels and, cruise around the coach, (the hose on the gun is about 25' long) and with the generator going to power up the pressure washer and, within about 1/2 hour to 40 minutes, it's clean and done.

And, there's no river of water running all over the parking lot. I use almost less than the Detailers do that are authorized to come to RV parks to wash and wax your coaches. Speaking of those companies, we recently had one do our coach, our Honda CRV and, our Honda GL 1800 Goldwing motorcycle, all for $110.00. Wash, towel dry, and spray wax, all three. They looked great when they were done.

Anyway, back to the pressure washer thing. It stores very conveniently in one of my compartments and, the gun and hose in another. I don't do it very often but, knowing that 99.999% of the camp grounds out there will not let you do it, I simply take a few minutes out of the days drive and, wash her down at a rest stop or, even in the remote corner of a K-Mart or, Walmart parking lot. Again, no massive mess when I'm done. Barely knew we were there.
Scott
FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Wash Wax All with the proper micro fiber cloths does a very good job. It can also be used with water on the gritty dirt. I have been using this when traveling the last year and it always has folks coming over to see "what are you using? It looks great!"
conmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmoto View Post
Wash Wax All with the proper micro fiber cloths does a very good job. It can also be used with water on the gritty dirt. I have been using this when traveling the last year and it always has folks coming over to see "what are you using? It looks great!"
All dirt is gritty! Dust is just a fine sandpaper without the backing! Common sense says there is no way you can waterlessly wash anything (remember everything is grit) off your pride and joy without scratching the surface to one degree or another. Just can't be done, despite the hype and marketing.!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
All dirt is gritty! Dust is just a fine sandpaper without the backing! Common sense says there is no way you can waterlessly wash anything (remember everything is grit) off your pride and joy without scratching the surface to one degree or another. Just can't be done, despite the hype and marketing.!
Outstandingly true statement. There's been multiple attempts to market "waterless" vehicle cleaning systems over the years. I don't discourage anyone using them, it's their rig. I'd just prefer a regular bath if and when time, space and no restrictions allowed. If you know and understand paint surfaces, you realize that even the strong ones can be scratched quite easily.
Scott
FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
I have been a DIS-BELIEVER till I finally broke down and spent the money to try the product. I like my auto's clean and shiny, I studied and watched video's on y-tube and read up on these different products and bought what had the best reviews and it worked just like all the video's I watched and everything I had read. To type a post without even giving anyone of these products a chance............. does not hold much weight........how can you say it won't work or it will scratch your paint without even trying it? If water is available and you want to use water (50 gallons) to shine your Coach up..............the road is paved and smooth .......go for it. As far as water spots........I am done............ and starting the fire and the Wife is un-corking the home-made wine........
Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with palehorse89. I've been using it with good results and no scratches.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I have been a DIS-BELIEVER till I finally broke down and spent the money to try the product. I like my auto's clean and shiny, I studied and watched video's on y-tube and read up on these different products and bought what had the best reviews and it worked just like all the video's I watched and everything I had read. To type a post without even giving anyone of these products a chance............. does not hold much weight........how can you say it won't work or it will scratch your paint without even trying it? If water is available and you want to use water (50 gallons) to shine your Coach up..............the road is paved and smooth .......go for it. As far as water spots........I am done............ and starting the fire and the Wife is un-corking the home-made wine........
Think about it for a minute. You spray something on which does what? Lifts the grime (grit) into suspension? Then you take a nice soft microfiber towel and wipe it across your paint surface? If the grit is fine enough it would at best be like wet sanding. How do you know how fine the grit is? You don't! Ever see those fine little swerl marks? If they're in the clear coat your wax job may cover them up. If in the base paint because you've worked through the clear coat? Just sayin!

firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote