Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-11-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
King Controls Fixed

Hello everyone,
I have been a member of irv2 for some time and have really never posted anything, but have gotten some great info off of these forums. We recently purchased a 1998 Country Coach Intrigue 36’. It is gorgeous and in great shape. The previous owners have done many upgrades and there was very little wrong with the coach when we purchased it. However on the drive home we experienced the throttle cutting out twice. Now I am very mechanically inclined and first thing I did was hit the forums to glean any information about the throttle system since it is a mechanical c8.3L Cummins. I found out on these forums that it was a King Controls throttle and cruise system and even though they are out of business a previous employee had his own company fixing and manufacturing these systems. Well I went to his website www.cruisecontrolking.com and was very pleased to find diagnostic material there to figure out my problem. So I jumped in and started from the top and check the brake switch connections to make sure that they were good and tested the accelerator pedal and in my search found out that there was some bad grounds at the brake lights on the back of the coach. After repairing the ground issues I took the coach for a drive and the throttle was actually worse I couldn’t travel a mile without it cutting out and then taking off again and then losing the throttle again. So at this point I emailed Cruise Control King at mail@cruisecontrolking.com, for some help. I work nights so I am sleeping during the day when most people are awake and I let them know this in the email. I got a very speedy response the next morning from Steve at Cruise Control King, saying that I needed to open the box up and will have to do some diagnostic work there but to call him. He gave me his personal number and said to call anytime, that blew me away that he was willing to work with me anytime. Well last Saturday I got under the coach and opened the box and had my phone in hand and noticed the second I opened the box the unit was bad, it had burned wires and was charred on the board. I called Steve right then under my coach and explained what I saw and he said take it off and send it to me and I will rebuild it. At that point he said it was $475 to rebuild the control box. So a hurried to the post office and shipped it to him he received it Monday and Tuesday at about noon he called and spoke with my wife said it was done and asked what kind of shipping we wanted. She chose two day air and I received it today on Thursday, installed it and it works beautifully. Now the control box I sent him had a broken corner and was missing screws, when I received it back it had a new cover all new screws and was absolutely clean. So for anyone with a mid 90’s coach with a mechanical engine that is having trouble with their King controls This man Steve at Cruise Control King LLC is the Man and is very pleasant to work with. I am sorry that was long winded but I must give credit where credit is due, Thank you for your time.
1998 Country Coach Intrigue 36'
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
KI6TAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!