Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2007, 06:51 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OK does anyone have setup advice with the above? Trying to setup the system for the first time. I have the king dome model 9704 LP and I am using a newly activated Dish Network Receiver 311. Took just about 1 1/2 hours to finally get a good lock on the 119 Echo Star and I have to manually switch to the 110 Echo Star (King Dome says this will happen automatic, but?) and I have yet to get receiver to "see" the SW21 switch, have done the "Check" switch many times. I have followed the instructions in the king dome manual and I am wondering if the Kind Dome is missing something or if anyone else may have this issue also.

Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2007, 06:51 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OK does anyone have setup advice with the above? Trying to setup the system for the first time. I have the king dome model 9704 LP and I am using a newly activated Dish Network Receiver 311. Took just about 1 1/2 hours to finally get a good lock on the 119 Echo Star and I have to manually switch to the 110 Echo Star (King Dome says this will happen automatic, but?) and I have yet to get receiver to "see" the SW21 switch, have done the "Check" switch many times. I have followed the instructions in the king dome manual and I am wondering if the Kind Dome is missing something or if anyone else may have this issue also.

Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #3

www.kingcontrols.com
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Moving to MH problems and solutions for better coverage.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #5

Ok Steve,

Before you throw rocks at me for the following comments, give them a try. When you get to your menu, 6,1,1(checkswitch), disconnect the cable from the KD. Do your checkswitch and reconnect the cable. What this does is make the receiver use whatever sat the KD is on as the default sat. It may not work for you but has for a number of other folks.
Good Luck,

Ron

2004 Mt Aire 4301
ronharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am having the exact same problem with my new coach. The King Dome comes pre set for Direct TV. I called King Controls and they sent me a keypad "box" that I have to plug in to the back of the on/off switch and then reprogram it for Dish TV. My new coach in in for repairs so I have not had a chance to try it.

By the way, they charge you a $225 deposit on the keypad tool but refund it when you ship it back. They even sent a prepaid mailing label.

I will let you know how it works as soon as I try it.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We have a kingdome and Direct TV. Had a lot of issues finding a signal. Called Kingdome support (find number on their manual, if you can't find it let me know and I'll post it). Went through a lot of procedures, BINGO! Said, okay, please go through those procedures with me again so I can write it down. Did, it now works every time. Good luck!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:56 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
With the help of King Dome tech support and the 1844 keypad they sent me, the satellite is now up and running. They talked me thru reprogramming it for DISH TV. It now recognizes both satellite 110 and 119. It also automatically switches between them when I change channels.

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
With the help of King Dome tech support and the 1844 keypad they sent me, the satellite is now up and running. They talked me thru reprogramming it for DISH TV. It now recognizes both satellite 110 and 119. It also automatically switches between them when I change channels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the same process I went through. Called, dish, got the Keypad, 5 minutes later my King Dome was programed for Dish and I was ready to go. In my case though, I am using a 322 dual tuner. I am not using the multiplexer for both satellite inputs on the back of the tuner. So I found out that Sat input 1 is for the 110 satellite. Sat 2 input is for the 119 satellite. Since there is nothing on 110 that I watch, I just connect to Sat 2 input, go to the setup menu and make sure the 119 satellite is selected, Make sure the local zip code is input, run the dome to find the satellite, run the check switch portion and I am ready to go.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:02 PM   #10

My KD i had to take the dome off and flip some dip switches that are on the board, after that it all worked well, by some of the post am i to understand that it is all programable now no more dip switches..
N9UOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #11

Steve do u have the keypad that has 5 or 6 buttons and a digital read out? If so u should be able to program to get whatever sat or combination there of.If u need more help pm if u want.