Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #1

Took the MH out for a ride today. It was right at 30 degrees and the darn thing was froze down. Kind of early for that in this part of the world.
Drove to Camper World in Spartanburg to get some stuff, the sun was out and it was warming up nicely, came out and found that the Lady Bugs had invaded. Guess it was cold and they were in hiding but the warm brought them out, hundreds of them. Guess they are pretty much harmless but will end up vauming up their little corpses one day soon when they die. Guess I'll have to see where/how they got in and put a stop to that.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #2

Took the MH out for a ride today. It was right at 30 degrees and the darn thing was froze down. Kind of early for that in this part of the world.
Drove to Camper World in Spartanburg to get some stuff, the sun was out and it was warming up nicely, came out and found that the Lady Bugs had invaded. Guess it was cold and they were in hiding but the warm brought them out, hundreds of them. Guess they are pretty much harmless but will end up vauming up their little corpses one day soon when they die. Guess I'll have to see where/how they got in and put a stop to that.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #3

I don't know if you will ever stop them. They seem to get into the smallest places. I'm sure they could get into a vacuum sealed jar if they wanted to. I use to own a small motel. In the fall they would invade my building and get into the rooms. I took a 1 gal. shop vac with a 3 foot extension wand and I would go room to room and suck them up. On a good day I could fill that shop vac. LOL

Bucks County PA
JJ Hamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:26 AM   #4

Just a quick note: We had lady bugs get into our telephone box at home and ate through the wiring which of course stopped the phone service. Nasty little things that are sure hungry for the wrong things!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:27 AM   #5

We have noticed Ladybugs this summer swarming around the dead bugs on the front of the coach having a banquet.

We picked up a batch of stinkbugs in the coach somewhere in South Dakota about six weeks ago - we finally got rid of the last one a few days ago!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:19 AM   #6

At least you won't have afids in your motorhome....

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:49 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I know that at least the southest has ben invested with Asian beetles (look like lady bugs) for a few years. We had 10s of thousands of them last year south of Atlanta.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:46 AM   #8

I agree with RV Wizard! Here in SOuthern Canada we have been invaded with the same Asian Beetles. They look like Lady Bugs but are a little larger and a lighter coloured orange-red. Believe it or not these babies bite!
This time of year they seem to be everywhere, inside and out!

As kids we used to think a Lady Bug meant you would have good luck! Perhaps that explains the smile on the the faces of RV owners!!