Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #1

Laminate Flooring

Tired of the carpet in the front of the MH, thinking about ripping the carpet out and installing laminate wood. Has anyone on here did this and if so how difficult?

1. How do you get the carpet out from under the slide?
2. How did you get the flooring back under the slide?

I guess the laminate flooring in the kitchen area would have to be taken up, so the new would match. I don't think I could match it. Any help appreciated!

pddgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #2

Don't have slides so don't know bout that , I used allure from Home Depot . Cost was less than 300 not much less , goin to bed tell you more later if you want
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3343542036.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	473.6 KB
ID:	49138   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3480366317.jpg
Size:	540.0 KB
ID:	49139  

Name:	image-388995327.jpg
Size:	552.7 KB
ID:	49140   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4183119327.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	420.2 KB
ID:	49141  

Old 11-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #3

Nice job, looks really good. I figured it up this morning and I would need about 120 sq ft. So figure at least 10% waste and allowing for my bo bo's,
figure at least 150 sq ft need to buy..LOL..Might go to Home Depot today and get some samples and take a look. I feel I can do it, just not sure I want to spend 3-400.00 to replace a small piece of carpet...Would still have to figure how to replace the area under the booth table, etc. Would leave the area around the driver/passenger seats. Steps to the side door could be fun..Again thanks for the pics..
Old 11-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #4

I used the pink foam underpayment as well . The toughest part is removing the staples that the coach manufactures hold the rug down with . I removed the rug an linoleum in the kitchen as well did from drivers area to rear bedroom I used 4 boxes of flooring 1 roll of underpayment 1 tube of loctite pl for the vertical pieces and two pieces of molding from lowes they're mahogany molding is a perfect match for allure cherry here's a before pic and I used some minwax wood putty for small gaps next to the cabinets putty color red mahogany
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-867936664.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	513.8 KB
ID:	49161  
Old 11-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #5

I have been reading some of the ideas for getting the carpet out from under the slide on other forums and just how to sites. I got down on the floor and shined my flashlight under the edge(can't get my hand under the edge of the slide). After looking at it closely and hearing some of the stories of others, I have decided I am not going to attempt this sitting in an RV resort. If I was in a shop where I could jack the slide up a little or pull it out, maybe. But not here, will just go find a carpet cleaner and then get a big area rug to cover the area we use the most. Thanks for the info..
Old 11-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #6

Go to walmart buy one use it and then return it the next day . Tell them you didn't like it . Free rental ~ actually that's the reason we had to refloor when we steamed the carpet it stunk
I thought there was a dead mouse in the MH first time my wife did it wasn't till the second time she steamed it I realized the odor was coming from the rug . It had to go