Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Does anyone know if there is a source for aftermarket replacements for driver side windows with large sliders available for a DP that has a little bitty slider in the bottom corner?

The window is a tiny bit clouded so I might be able to rationalize using that as an excuse beyond just wanting a big open window.

As it is now, it is really difficult ordering in the drive thru at fast food places. (40 foot DP).

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Does anyone know if there is a source for aftermarket replacements for driver side windows with large sliders available for a DP that has a little bitty slider in the bottom corner?

The window is a tiny bit clouded so I might be able to rationalize using that as an excuse beyond just wanting a big open window.

As it is now, it is really difficult ordering in the drive thru at fast food places. (40 foot DP).

Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #3

To answer your question, YES, Motion Windows in Vancouver WA can custom fabricate a window to your specifications, they did for us.

Here's their Site address: http://www.motionwindows.com/

We had our cockpit windows replaced due to creeping seals. The original windows had the dividing bar between the top pane and the slider directly in our line of vision. On the new windows had it moved up about 6 inches, works great and we have a taller slider.

The shop is family owned and operated by Tom Kemp and his sons. They do professional work. The cost for both of our windows including installation was $1,200.

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:39 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You can also try the original window manufacturer. Give them the demensions and what you are looking for. They may be making the window you want. God luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:23 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
You must have fun with a 40' motorhome going through a drivethru area! Most I've seen you can't do it even in TX.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:55 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the information. I forgot to check back for awhile. I noticed my front windshield has a manufacturer logo on them but I didn't see one on the side windows. I wonder if it is the same supplier? I will go back and look closer now that I realize I should have looked there in the first place.

I also noticed the VIN is etched on both the front windshields which must mean they haven't ever popped out like I have heard is common for this rig. I have only had it for a small portion of its existence. An owner of a similar coach told me he had 8 popouts on his.

Driving it thru the fast food drive thru is only in my imagination. I will have a video camera ready to record the event if I ever decide to try it.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to Steve Rankin
Our Patriot was built a few years earlier and had a much larger than the little tiny corner thing in the 2000's, but they put the horizontal break right at eye-line height. Dumb!

We contacted the outfit in Vanvouver, WA and they wanted about $700 to build a new window per my specs. We wound up selling the coach, but the new owner has that on his To Do list.

Steve Rankin is offline   Reply With Quote