Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #15
I consider Tom Johnson's Camping Center in Marion NC to be the best RV dealer in the country before, during, and after the sale. I have dealt with them for 30 years and wouldn't buy anywhere else. They don't forget you after the sale.

The service department is the very best. They care about their customers, and it shows.

Wil Andrews
2007 Newmar Kountry Star DP
Cummins ISL, Cummins E-Brake
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #16

I purchased two coach's from LD over the years, one just 30 days ago. I think they do a great job. Unlike other dealers you can stay on their lot for as long as you want to make sure everything is done right. They have full hookups during delivery. Professional staff, and they have full service facilities so they can do almost everything you need to have done. My only recommendaton is to take the time and stay at LD for as long as it takes to have all the work completed to your satisfaction and have them train you on the operation of the unit. You won't be disappointed. Ask for Jon Smith in sales he is good contact.

Lisa & Mike
2017 KA
dusty56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #17
I live 20 miles from Lazy Days and wanted to buy from them for convenience and service but found that in negotiations, I was supposed to buy right there on the spot. I did not feel that my sales man was very professional and their management didn't seem to care. Just my experience

Ended up buying a more expensive unit from a different dealer.
lass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #18
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have purchased two coaches from them in the last two years. Prices can't be beat - but as others have mentioned do your homework on prices before hand.
2013 Berkshire 390BH 360
My Albums
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How many dealers give a 30 warranty on a used RV? Don't know if they still do but I know they used to.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #20
We bought our 2003 Pace Arrow from them and no complaints. But as my friend says, something pays for all those "free" lunches and bells and whistles. Bought our Expedition from General RV, they had the best price and all negotiations were done via email which was sweet. No "you said", then "No I didn't". It was all in writing. High marks for their internet sales dept and they have a location in Jacksonville. However warranty work has been another story. Was taking forever to get parts until DW posted the story on their FB page, then the phone started ringing. Things have gone well since then.
Shawn M.
2011 Fleetwood Expedition
2014 Chevy Traverse
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #21
Ford Super Duty Owner
I checked with Lazyday first when I started getting quotes. Their quote was no where close to what I was expecting. I mentioned this to the sales rep and he responded back with this remark "well,you tell me what is in your wheelhouse". I figured this was a smart aleck response so did not get back with him.

I then checked locally and with two other big name dealers. All of these beat out Lazydays. We ended up buying local and they was over $10,000 cheaper.
Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
2013 Tiffin Allegro 31SA
2016 Chevrolet Equinox - V6 - AWD
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #22
Country Coach Owners Club
In my view, one shouldn't give their asking price a lot of consideration, if you have done your homework, make an offer and act/be willing to walk away - they will listen!

srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #23
Haven't bought from them - but certainly won't be using their service dept. again. tok them a month to get a rad for my coach and 5 (yes that's 5) days to install it. Plus the total cost was over $6700.
98 Beaver Monterey, 3126 Cat
2010 Toyota Matrix on dolly
beachboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Much like any of today's dealerships, many purchaser's have had great some not so great. I did not purchase our 2012 Providence thru their dealership. However, after a year of new coach QC issues and having mixed reviews from our purchasing dealer we wish we had gone through LD. Their reputation and reviews seem to out weigh the negatives. When we upgrade, if we do, LD will be in the equation!
Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #25
I'm kicking myself that I didn't join IRV2 sooner. Great comments and insights. Thanks all for the perspectives. Travel safe!
pbbixler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #26
We have purchased 2 Motorhomes from Lazy days and have been more than satisfied with the deals. For the most part we have been not quite so satisfied with their service work. It seems to take forever to get anything done and on several occasions they have had to do the work over several times before getting it right. We probably would not hesitate to buy another RV from them but are not so convinced with the service work and are most likely going to try another dealer for the remainder of our warranty work...Alan
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #27
I haven't purchased from LD. I bought from Independence RV outside of Orlando. When it comes to inventory, LD is hard to beat. As others have said, be prepared to stick around to have all necessary repairs done. I've stayed at heir CG several times and have heard that the stay for repairs could be lengthy. If you're buying a new unit, see who is a large dealer for that brand snd availability of the unit ou want.
99 Country Coach
Prevost XL 45 Conversion
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #28
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Yesss! to Lazydays

Originally Posted by Leary54 View Post
I bought my fleetwood bounder from them in 2008.You do not have to leave until everything is fixed and repaired to your satisfaction. My wife drove them crazy but they were great.Will check them out next time I needs Motorhome and I had to drive 25 hours.
We NEVER thought we'd buy from LD...we live inSt.Pete, Fl.....we went there dozen times in 15 months, looking at Class A's in their No Salesman Open Lots....Wow, who does that?? Then we test drove a 30' Winne in Lake Wales, drove back passing LD, and wanted to test drive, see same unit there. We met/lined up with Steven Ratcliff, a Great Listener, Not a Salesjerk.....ooopps, Salesman, more a qualified Prof. RV Consultant!! How Refreshing, surprising and ENJOYable! He understood our 1st time RV purchase, need for 'Full Time' plans, and travel plans....he guided us to a slightly older, bigger, upgraded class and Perfect Floorplan One Owner, low mileage Southwind 32V. We LUV it! AND they were $10k less than other dealers in 300 mi area.....close to Private Seller prices (thousands of miles away!! +$$) and a Warranty next to none!! They were/ARE Wonderful!
As I said, never thought we'd buy from there, private was our plan. We would have been up that creek....without that paddle....and pretty discouraged....if we had gone Private without the warranty and countless help, explanations, assistance....
I coukd go on & on.....
Call, ask for Steven Ratcliff in Sales.....
And pick your favorite floorplan....
Even the Purchase process was Prof., timely, helpful w insurance and ext. Warranties!
They will treat you right.....

Geno & Heidi.....we sold our SB house in One Day! Now to sell the rental house....we close on 4-30......packing the clothes-personals on The RV! Thanks Steven! :-) :-) :-)

Heidi & Geno, St. Pete, FL
'04 Fltwood Southwind 32v, V10, 94 Honda Scooter
"Sammi-Jo" the dog & "kity-kitty's" 3
geno-heidi is offline   Reply With Quote