Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Service.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post
I haven't purchased from LD. I bought from Independence RV outside of Orlando. When it comes to inventory, LD is hard to beat. As others have said, be prepared to stick around to have all necessary repairs done. I've stayed at heir CG several times and have heard that the stay for repairs could be lengthy. If you're buying a new unit, see who is a large dealer for that brand snd availability of the unit ou want.

They do all our service work....if yiu call ahead, get a service order date-time...they are prompt and timely for the work order performed. We'e been very happy, and also realize it's not a 'car in a Walmart'. We had a huge Oak treefall on our RV, at ft.deSoto....whole rear cap demo and interior rear wall crushed! They were great w ins. Co. And talking to us to keep us informed to progress, procedures, changes...it ain't 'jiffy-lube'...LoL. Just call ahead, and they even letyou park, stay in your unit overnight in lot before service.
geno-heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #30

I was impressed with the sales people I worked with in January. They offered me a fair price on a used FW and were going to throw in a 1t truck for what they paid for it when it was traded in because it was near the end of the month. All in all it was a very good package deal that we only walked away from because we decided the FW floor plan wouldn't work for us. The young salesman and I even had a discussion about tow ratings and he knew exactly where to look on the TV and FW to see what combos would work.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
If MSRP is already dowm 25% how much more can you get off the price?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #32

American Coach Owners Club
I would buy again

I bought my Eagle from them and I know 5 five others that have bought multiple MH's and Rv's from them. Their policy on used MH's is what sold me. After agreeing on the price the MH was brought into the shop and the coach completly gone through, and to my amazement, they fixed and adjusted numerous items that I had not even noticed. They also added an Echo charger and replaced and upgraded the inverter. You get a 30 day no questions asked warranty on any item on the coach and if you cannot get back in within that 30 days just notify them of the problem and it will be covered when you can get back in.
I plan on upgrading soon and they will be the first place I look.
gacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #33

We talked to them earlier this year when we were looking for a new Winnebago Adventurer. When all was said and done they were about $10,000 above what we were able to get it for loaclly.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #34

Freightliner Owners Club
Forget their service department. Took our 2013 THOR to them for some warranty repairs. The so-called "personal service advisor" was an hour late for our pre-scheduled check in appointment and greeted us without a word of apology for the hold up. Made it seem like we were an inconvenience for her.
Worst of our problems was a leaking black tank. After repeated phone calls to our "personal service advisor" to check status; I was told "the replacement tank is on order from the manufacturer" (not THOR but their supplier) and no idea when it would be received."
I had to get on the phone with THOR and convince them to take a replacement tank off their line and ship it to Lazydays so I could get my BRAND NEW motorhome back on the road. Fortunately, THOR did so.
Meanwhile, Lazydays damaged the driver's side mirror on my new coach, which added another week to the total time it was in their shop.
After six weeks we got our new motorhome back. We won't be going back to Lazydays for service.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
Just discovered that Lazydays left the heater mat for the black tank dangling below it, supported only by the wiring. Quality control??????
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
we bought a used mh from LD. very happy with them
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #37

As for Lazydays I too heard good things but if you look closely at the reviews the positive is usually from those that just spent $$ on a coach. I am writing this from my coach in the Lazydays park in Tucson as I wait for someone to let me know what is going on. Was in for a 1 to 2 day repair which is now going on 7days and will probably be at leasy 2-4 more!!!
Not a happy camper while in the park plenty of time to visit with others in for repairs and same story from most. Here at Tucson I feel the large problem is service advisor related. They really don't listen to the customer and the lack of honesty and communication add to a bad situation.
MackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote