Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Lazydays dealer

Hello, I'm interested in buying a MH from LazyDays Dealer in Florida. Has anyone bought from them and if so how were they to deal with. Thanks, Scott

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slp45 View Post
Hello, I'm interested in buying a MH from LazyDays Dealer in Florida. Has anyone bought from them and if so how were they to deal with. Thanks, Scott

Its like buying a car from a car dealer; be prepaired to dicker; the asking price has a lot of wiggle room, and they will dicker. Be prepaired for a lot of pressure to buy; they are nice folks but remember they are salespeople and they are trained well to get a sell.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Scott,

You might want to check if Lazy Daze just filed BK. If they did they will be really dealing. Not sure but I think they did file BK recently.

Check it out.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #4

We tried to buy our current motor home from them. We had 2 other quotes and they would not lower their price to match either one. They kept talking about all the support we would get after the sale and that is why they could not lower the price. We went elsewhere....
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy1000 View Post
Scott,

You might want to check if Lazy Daze just filed BK. If they did they will be really dealing. Not sure but I think they did file BK recently.

Check it out.
Lazy Days filed for Chapter 11 back in September. This has been described as a "prepackaged bankruptcy" that all the creditors agreed to in advance, and was just to juggle their debt because of the lending crisis. There have been a couple of threads on iRV2 including a current one under the General Discussion in the Community Forum.

I was just at Lazy Days today (stopped in just to look and drool), and it looks like they are very well stocked waiting for the snowbirds to arrive in Florida. IMO, there is little danger of Lazy days going out of business, but I would advise you to do your own research.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I see that you are not from Florida. You will be able to by the same MH from many other Dealers at a much lower price. It's nice to go their to see a lot of floor plans and get ideas. If you find one you like, tell them you are shopping and getting prices and they are the first. When they pressure you, tell them if someone is lower, you will give them the opportunity to match.

MHs are a commodity, it does not matter who you buy them from!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Stewart View Post
I see that you are not from Florida. You will be able to by the same MH from many other Dealers at a much lower price. It's nice to go their to see a lot of floor plans and get ideas. If you find one you like, tell them you are shopping and getting prices and they are the first. When they pressure you, tell them if someone is lower, you will give them the opportunity to match.

MHs are a commodity, it does not matter who you buy them from!
Don't be awstruck by the size of the dealership----remember the service is only as good as the one person thats working on your motorhome at the time.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
You did not say if you are looking to buy new or used. We purchased our current motorhome from Lazydays. We have been camping there for years but this was our first purchase. We had a good experience but there will be those who will post they had a bad experience. Two good things about Lazydays are that they have a large selection of good used coaches to choose from and if you are buying a new one it will usually not have a lot of foot traffic. Their inventory turns over fast. At other dealers the coach might sit on the lot for well over a year. I have seen new coaches that looked used from all the foot traffic.

If you want to purchase a used coach it is best to get an online salesman and let them keep an eye out for what you want. They will call you and you can place a $1000 deposit with your credit card to hold the coach. If you get to Lazydays and don't like the coach there is no hassle getting your deposit back or transferring it to another coach. Good used motorhomes don't last long and if you don't have a salesman looking out for you it will be hard to grab one before someone else. For years we looked at all the nice used coaches and they always had a sold sign on them. We finally asked a salesman one day and he told us that most of them are sold over the phone. By the way, LazyDays is the only place I have ever been where you almost need to make an appointment to see a salesman. We have walked the new and used lot for years and never been hassled.

Good Luck,

Bob
2006 Honda in standby
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
we did purchase our new sightseer from them this past Feb. Al Sullivan was our salesman.. I am NOT an easy sell,trust me. We had done a lot of research. I think this was very near the best time to buy a new coach, inventory was high, sales were low.. We were well prepared to shop including copies of invoices from other dealers. I would buy another coach from them. I found the total experience, sales,service,rally park, 1000 trails discounted membership, fulll day of driving school, etc unmatched in any other dealer we spoke to or visited..
We did have an issue with service,(repair / replacement winnebago wanted to see and to approve before being done ) BUT i was heading back to Boston the next day ! I had met John Horton the CEO earlier and stopped by his office to seek his help.. He made it right and accepted the risk that approval would be received and okd the replacement of my camera that day. He made it right in my eyes!

I have called them for tech support as well, very responsive too.

Best advice i can give you is like everything ese..do your homework..they do! good luck.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #10

I bought my first mh from lazydays. It was a used mh and I'm very satisfied with the total experience. I probably visited 12 mh dealers looking for a mh that met my criteria. Lazydays was one of only two of the dealers I visited that followed up with me and seemed to be interested in finding a mh that met my criteria. I did purchase my mh at Lazydays and in my opinion a very good experience. Should I desire to upgrade to a newer mh, I will go to Lazydays first. Now that I've got a mh, I may not buy from them in the future, but I will certainly give them the first opportunity to sell me my next mh.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

We've bought two coaches there and so have several of our friends. I think its a good place to do business. They really try to do things right and the selection is outstanding - 1000+ new and used Rvs. And as Bob says, you can spend all day on the lot by yourself if you don't want to talk to a sales person. Or you can get all the help you want.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought a MH from them a few years back and was very pleased with the experience. Everyone we had dealings with was very nice and helpful.

When we went back last year thinking of trading up, we must have gotten the wrong salesman, We got so discusted that we just said, forget it, and went elsewhere.

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote