Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'll be going down to Lazydays next week for my first year fix whats wrong visit. I was told that I could stay in my coach while its in a service bay. Has anyone had any experience with this?

offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'll be going down to Lazydays next week for my first year fix whats wrong visit. I was told that I could stay in my coach while its in a service bay. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
[quote]Reply[/quot

My last visit there was in 2005. At that time, Lazydays allowed the customer to stay in there rigs overnight with a few exceptions(paint booths and other fire lane restricted areas).Be sure to tell them you will be staying with your rig(even if it means telling them you are a full timer).

In my experience, the Service Department is over loaded. You will have to exercise patience. If you utilize their free breakfast and lunches, you will probably hear many tales of grief from other customers. Take that with a grain of salt and keep an eye on what is going on with your coach.

Maintain a good rapport with your service writer and talk to he/she daily.

An up front question to ask is "How long will you be there?" Then try to keep them on schedule within the time frame.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
adj has given good advice. I have been there and done that. My advice would be the same.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like you are under warranty, so just pack a lot of "Patience" and go for it.
Lazy Days is a great place to Buy and RV, but I have not been impressed with their service, after warranty.
My last visit took 8 hours, with an appointment. Changed the Fuel Clip (WH Recall) and change the Fuel pump , (In Stock--Checked) The job should not have taken more than 90 minutes. The service writer said that they cound't find the Fuel filter ?? Finally found it on the Rail, behind the R Rear wheel--Should have asked me. This is Workhores Chassis service center??
Old 04-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the advice. Yes, we are under warranty and plan on being there for 5 days if necessary to get everything done. We plan on going to Bush Gardens while the work is being done. Good advice I'll take it!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #7

I am staying in their service bay as we speak.They are not busy this time of year and we should be out of here on the evening of the 30th.I have a great team handeling my warranty issues.They keep me informed all day with progress by cell phone.My service advisor is mark fox.Super person.The food here is poor but you have cracker barrel and bob evens.When we come here and have to stay a few days we go up and use their pool at ralley park.I hope your service goes as well as ours.They got wireless also.
Tom
Old 04-30-2008, 04:12 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the info Tom. We have been treated very well by Jerry Henrich and our service provider and our salesman Gregg R. We will surely utilize the pool.
Lloyd
Old 04-30-2008, 06:11 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Lloyd,
While your are there, look up a tech by the name of Kevin Bounds. If you have problems and no one can answer them, he can. I worked there for 5 years as a tech before I retired. Kevin is a good friend of mine. As everyone has said have patience. I left in 2005 and the food wasn't that great then either.
Renegades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Offshore,

Say hello to Greg Raczynski for us. We bought our coach from him in '06. Last saw him at the Rally in Perry this past March.

Anybody that goes to Lazy Days for the food is really bad off!
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:49 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by historyljc:
Anybody that goes to Lazy Days for the food is really bad off! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just slide up to the Crown Club and eat.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:42 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by offshore:
I'll be going down to Lazydays next week for my first year fix whats wrong visit. I was told that I could stay in my coach while its in a service bay. Has anyone had any experience with this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As others have indicated Sales, Greg R, is great while service can be a test of ones patience.

I have in the past two plus years never gotten exactly the service I requested even when it was in writing and never had the coach delivered less then two weeks later than promised. The worst was two months late.

They serviced the dash air once when I asked for the basement air to be fixed. Replaced a rear jack when I asked them to check the coach for a well known problem with leaking HWH Hydyaulic lines in the bedroom slide and so on and so on. Every time it came back grossly filthy and with collateral damage of some sort. They even busted the sidewalls the first time they actually tried to fix the leak in the bedroom slide. The free repair covered by HWH cost me hundreds and months of lost time.

Take plenty of photos to establish the condition of the coach when you bring it in and be wary. Some of the damage they do may not show up for some time after their service warrenty expires.

Be prepared but be nice. They may surpise you and get it done right and on time.

Oh and watch out for the bald face lies from the service advisors. I have caught them in many of those. I went through almost two years of them on a cabinett end panel that they finally after over 18 months of discussion claimed was never discussed. It is a good thing I had all the emails including the ones with the pictures with the circles and arrows along with their replies on that one. After I sent them a copy of the email with the photos and their responce promising to take care of it dated two years ago they claimed that the part was no longer available. I called Winnebago to find out that the part was still available and would arrive in two weeks if they really had ordered it. Oh well whats one more lie. Instead of taking care of this they kept the charade going on for two years before they finally broke down, after I told them that I had verified that the part was indead available, and delivered what was promised.

I installed the part myself and the job was done right, nothing else was damaged and the coach was cleaner when I finished then when I started the job. It also took much less time then the round trip drive would have taken not to mention the wasted return trips to pick up a coach that was not really ready or the time spent (hours) while they were trying to find lost paperwork, keys, service advisors, etc.

I hope you have better results than I had with them. Maybe because I am local they feel that they can stretch things further with the time frames.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well we are in Lake City tonight and will arrive at Lazydays tomorrow. I suppose then the fun begins on Monday morning. Thanks for all of the advanced information. I hope I'll have enough ammo to get through the week. I'll stay in touch. We are staying at the Oak and Pine campground off I-10 tonight. A very clean place with lots of friendly people and rabbits.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Offshore,

You don't have to have the warranty work done where you bought the rig. I bought mine at Lazy Days but Carpenter's Campers here in Pensacola has done an outstanding job on my warranty and other issues. The only time I have to take it back the second time for the same thing is when they have to order a part that is not in stock.

I might point out, Pensacola is a lot closer to Livingston than Seffner. Lakeside RV in Livingston is one of our regular stop-over spots on our trips to see family in Texas. Nice place - DW won't let me pass it by.

historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote