Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Leaking window tracks

I have two windows which during heavy rain, the lower tracks fill with water and unable to figure out why. One, on drivers side is fixed, while one on passenger side is a slider which might explain it a little. The fixed window has me bugged, as I checked the seal around it and it looks fine. However I plan to pull the whole window and re-bed it. My question is, There is a rubber 1/4 round gasket outside of the plexiglass, and it fits into a groove. Was this plexi window supposed to be sealed with something between it and the inner and outer surface. And if so, what. When I pull the window and frame, I will take pictures if it helps. My hobby is repairing old mechanical film cameras, and I know how much pictures help.
Free Bird, South Florida,
P.S.32' Georgetown Class A
Free Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
KIX

Your post is the first I've heard of plexiglass being used in a class A window. So, that being said, my first question would be: was that window replaced with plastic vs. glass? If so, that may allow the leakage by contraction of the plastic. All that is just a WAG.
Suncoast Designers in Hudson (north of Tampa) repairs double pane windows and may be able to help you with a solution.
The frames should have weep holes that may be clogged.
Maybe someone with the same rig will come along.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
When that happened to us I checked the weep holes and they still had the tape on them. Removed the tape--problem gone.

DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Well, pulled window, cleaned up and repainted frame. Popped glass from frame, and the sealer between glass and frame was dried out and useless. Rebedded glass with Black ProFlex RV sealer. Only glitch is 1/4 round rubber molding which holds glass in. Reused the old, but sure wish I could find a source for new ones ( Anybody ?? ) would make a much better job. Am ready to attack all windows now, job was not difficult. Just thinking about it was a hard job. By the way, they should never sell clear latex caulk to anyone owning a motor home. Takes hours to remove the old stuff which never sealed anything any way.
Free Bird
Southwest Florida
Free Bird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window