RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2019, 09:17 PM   #15

Storage for short periods I leave it plugged in, however over winter we store ours inside a large barn. We are required to disconnect the batteries as well but the batteries barely drop in power over almost 6 months. Besides I wouldn't leave them plugged in over that long of time anyway....why put the wear and tear on the converter...have you priced one lately?

airshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2019, 09:24 PM   #16

Batteries

If you leave it plugged in donít forget to check the water in them.

Rich488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:40 PM   #17

When weíre home, our coach has been plugged into a standard 15 amp, 110 volt home outlet for years. Works just fine.

I can run ONE of the air conditioners when I need to work on it in the summer. Canít run anything else, however. The single AC will pull 12-13 amps.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #18

Sorry to jump in here as a newbie (don't have an RV yet), but don't they make something like the Battery Tender I use on my motorcycle batteries, for deep cycle batteries? I was thinking that when I would winterize whatever coach we end up with and store it for the winter, I could remove the batteries to inside the house, and hook them up to some kind of purpose designed Battery Tender.
DaBruuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBruuzer View Post
Sorry to jump in here as a newbie (don't have an RV yet), but don't they make something like the Battery Tender I use on my motorcycle batteries, for deep cycle batteries? I was thinking that when I would winterize whatever coach we end up with and store it for the winter, I could remove the batteries to inside the house, and hook them up to some kind of purpose designed Battery Tender.

Thatís what I ended up doing. Iíve used those battery tenders on my bike and never had issues with the battery.
HarryRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:47 PM   #20

Leave MH plugged in while in storage?

If your coach has a 3-stage Charger, you donít need a battery tender. Your charger will ďfloatĒ the batteries just fine.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:20 AM   #21

Mine has a Progressive Dynamics PD5160 with 3 stage charging and a plugin Charge Wizard. Works great, plugged into 15a to keep it topped off at all times.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:36 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvette85 View Post
I leave ours plugged in all the time.I like to keep the refrigerator running and batteries charged.We are so far South that we use our MH all year round.When I park it I just drain the low points and blow down the lines,only takes about 1/2 an hour.When we get ready to take a weekender or a few days away,I just fill up the lines and get the air out and go.
Another reason I keep it plugged up is I run a dehumidifier.High humidity down here most of the time.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:54 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redapple View Post
Mine has a Progressive Dynamics PD5160 with 3 stage charging and a plugin Charge Wizard. Works great, plugged into 15a to keep it topped off at all times.

Ditto. My rig stays plugged in all winter.
The Charge Wizard is available to add on if your converter doesnít have it.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:28 AM   #24

Leave MH plugged in while in storage?

Just leave it plugged in... I also have an oil filled radiator heater plugged into the AC side to keep the chill off through the winter!
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddndee View Post
Just leave it plugged in... I also have an oil filled radiator heater plugged into the AC side to keep the chill off through the winter!
Better check this out:

https://www.heaterrecall.com/a-winte...onghi-heaters/

1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage