Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
My opinion: The manufacturer has replaced the offending wall and will warranty. If you are buying for a quick turn around and profit, probably not a good idea.
The Chassis, engine and transmission should still have warranty remaining. A good price on a nice motorhome that should provide years of service may be a very good purchase. ( with a complete history, and thorough test drive)
So put me in the column that I basically agree with Francesca, it doesn't happen often but when she's right, she's right.

I can't believe the title entry would affect the insurance on the rig, but certainly worthwhile to check...Would it effect an extended warranty?
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Sounds like most of you have no idea what the lemon law process is and what it's like to go thru. My dad did it twice. He had alot more stamina for a fight than I ever would!

For you to get an RV returned under lemon law, essentially the dealer and manufacturer cannot or will not fix it. You drag them kicking and screaming thru the process until eventually, after alot of stress and anguish, you get relief. Essentially the purchase price back with no compensation for your trouble or distress.

Dad actually had a manufacturer's lawyer tell him he was stupid to expect that these units could be purchased and used for their intended purpose! I could go on and on about the pitfalls in the process that can get your claim dismissed and the tactics the lawyers use - primarily bold face lying.

I find it amazing that these things can be "fixed" and then resold. If they could fix it, why didn't they do it for the poor original buyer?? It certainly would be cheaper to do that then fix it and sell if for a loss. Assuming they actually did anything to it before putting it up for sale. These things should be crushed and sent to the landfill and barred from resale. These aren't cosmetic issues. It has to be major to get a lemon law return.

Don't willingly do this to yourself. There is no "good deal" to make it worth the risk. My advice is to run away from this thing. Certainly do not believe any assurances that it has been fixed, or that the issues were minor. BTW, you can assume that "lemon" on the title will effect the value of the unit similar to "salvage" on it would be.

Maybe if they just gave you the RV and a check for $100k, it might be worth your while to take it off their hands.
wincrasher, i hear you loud and clear...thanks..The dealer told me that the only complaint from the owner was a creaking passenger side wall. Winnebago could not replicate the creak. Yet, I'm also told the sidewall was replaced..Why? I've asked for complete service records for both the chassis and coach. If they are clean, I may consider moving forward. I will also call Winnebago myself to see if they will verify.
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
RKH

If after reading all the great answers you got to your question, and you still purchase this vehicle PLEASE don't make another post about how you got screwed and what should you do??

Thanks

jack r
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
RKH

If after reading all the great answers you got to your question, and you still purchase this vehicle PLEASE don't make another post about how you got screwed and what should you do??

Thanks

jack r
You wont hear a peep out of me...
Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
On the other hand, we do like happy endings.... good luck either way.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Personally, once I found that the unit was a buy back, I'd walk out and never look back. YMMV!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkh

wincrasher, i hear you loud and clear...thanks..The dealer told me that the only complaint from the owner was a creaking passenger side wall. Winnebago could not replicate the creak. Yet, I'm also told the sidewall was replaced..Why? I've asked for complete service records for both the chassis and coach. If they are clean, I may consider moving forward. I will also call Winnebago myself to see if they will verify.
I agree with wincrasher....they'd have to pay me to take this thing! If the only complaint from the owner was a creaking passenger side wall. "Winnebago could not replicate the creak" ..... This explanation gives a whole new meaning to the only sure way to tell when a salesman is lying to you is when his lips are moving! NOTHING about this story makes sense to me. RUN!!!
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #22

Rexhall Owners Group
Seems like a lot of risk to me. If the dealer isn't giving you all the info or doesn't really know the history of the unit, you could have a money pit on your hands. Seems fishy that a buy back would be approved for the problems described. I doubt you would be able to trade this in on something else in the future, so you will either have to private party sell, through an auction, or sell it to a salvage company. If it's the $80k number that is attractive to you, look around to see what $80k will get you on a clean coach. You might be better off in the long run.
JohnInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #23

You will absolutely NEVER be able to trade that unit back in... I would avoid it like the plague.. Might as well stamp "Salvage" on the title.... If it looks to good to be true, it usually is!
TThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #24

In 2006 Gulfstream and GM bought our motorhome back believe me everytime I think about it I wonder what they did with that thing. My thought on this is ONLY the original owner knows what the issue was and the mfg is the ONLY ones who know if it was fixed. They will tell the dealer who has it whatever they want to get it sold. Some states will not let the unit be returned under the lemon law 2 times and so the mfg will simply move it to a no lemon law state on rv's. From my personal feelings and experience unless the thing was free I would RUN not walk away.
camping fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #25

I've requested full complaint and service history on chassis and house in writing from Winnebago. I've required a new full factory warranty. I've made a firm offer that reflects less than half the market value of the coach. Fair offer given the fact I can never re-sell the unit.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #26

Has anyone actually seen or heard of language regarding a "factory repurchase has been made" on a title?

That's a new one for this Michigan native. I think here it might be titled as "salvage", usually meaning simply it's been in an accident and built/rebuilt from parts.

A MH with significant body damage might have to go down that road to be retitled after being "totaled" by an insurance company. Sometimes a "totaled" coach really isn't all that bad? An example might be a MH with enough damage to warrant replacing the front cap. Would I buy a 2011 MH that's had the front cap replaced? SURE! As long as the price was right and the repairs perfomed professionally? Add factory warranty to that and a good deal doesn't sound like anything I'd be shy of....

If I were actively looking for a new MH and ran acrooss a deal like this, I think I might be running down all the details as well? Exactly what would be covered by warranty and who would be responsible for performing that warranty would need to be on paper before I went too far.... That's me though, -Al
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
The CA Lemon Law is clear on the title issue.

Lemon Law Buyback Vehicles FFVR 17

Dave
Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #28

You better really love it and get it really cheap as it will be yours until the day it goes to the scrap yard.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote