Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
If you are really fed up then try this....get as many of the plastic lemons (the kind that you buy at Krogers that has the lemon juice in it) then tape or glue them to your coach. Make sure that the name of the manufactorer is visible, then take pictures and send it to that VP. Drive it around like that and make sure that EVERYBODY sees it. Write up your story and hand it out to everybody who asks about the "Lemon mobile." If the newspaper picks up the story you'll be surprised at how quick things can get fixed.

Charles and Martha*2008 Monaco Signature
FMCA #F388752*GoodSam Life Member
2007 Ford Explorer - Toad
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #16
CB, that is the general direction I am heading. I have sent letters to the Attorney Generals office, BBB, and have many more planned. I have over the years met and got to know literally hundreds of business owners. I will be mailing letters to them.
I have purchased a domain name and will start my own website. All of this is to "help educate the public of the possible pitfalls in owning an RV".

ATVhaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #17

Make sure you do not cross the legal line (slander) in your letters and other actions. You might want to resch Lit on "Products and Liablility" before you start your "get even" program. BTW, this is what your case is
( P & L ), not Lemon law (unless it involves the drive train( in this case, the FHSA will get involved for you--they are the ones who approve recalls and etc). Good Luck s/Toby
2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ
Click on SHIP to enlarge CGC Sagebrush
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #18
Toby, thanks for the info. Yes, sometimes in the heat of the moment a person can say or do something they may regret later. Since I have a few years under my belt, I try to think things through(sometimes too much).
No, this will be strictly an information website for people contemplating an RV purchase. I will use my own experience and loss as an education tool. Everything I have said or posted is 100 percent backed up by hardcopy.
Sometimes, somebody has to say something, and now is my time! (at least all of this is less expensive than an attorney!) Ed
Old 04-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #19
Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I don't believe your state needs to have a "lemon law" to have rights in this matter. Their is the federal Magnuson-Moss Act that gives you specific rights with any warrantable product. I would definitely seek counsel and pursue relief.
2007 Fleetwood Expedition

2007 Chevy Silverado
JMJCSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #20
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a new Endura w/Allison/Duramax/etc. Loves the engine and tranny but had the same problems as you. Slide leaked-furnace woudn't run after dark-tv's all wired wrong-rear wall was de-aminating-all baggage compartments leaked and on and on...was at the factory twice after owning this unit for less than 5 months traded it in on a Newmar class A. lOST $45000.00 ON THIS RIG but now have a coach that is next to perfect...they are built on the other side of Napannee Ind.
Newmar Kountry Star 2005 37'

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:03 AM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
I have had my Gulf Stream SuperNova on the International diesel chassis for over a year and have over 17000 miles on it. I too had a few issues during my first year but this was not my first coach so I knew what to expect. I worked with my local dealer and a VP at Gulf Stream and they did everything possible to make my coach operate as intended. I just wrote the VP this week to tell him how happy I am with the coach. I know there can always be good and bad products. I was also a little miffed at times for wrong parts being sent and the amount of time the coach stayed in the shop. I just scheduled my trips around the repairs and all worked out well. Sorry the same experience did not happen in your situation
2011 Journey Express 34Y
2011 Chevy Silverado Texas Edition 4X4 (in Tow)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #22
We also had many problems with our Gulfstream and received no help from the mfg. We eventually gave up, took a lost and went with another mfg, made in Alabama. The few problems we've had have been fixed without question. I'll never own another Gulfstream product again.

Good luck.

RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #23
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Robert, Welcome to Tiffin.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #24
I have been working on these things for years. Mostly WRV and others including gulf stream. Let me give you the inside scoop. You can't lemon law a coach for any except safety issues in most states, that is only chasis. G S is normally prity good on cust sat unless you cross the line and get crazy. We in the buisness can tell if it is a problem or a problem customer. For example if you bring a class A in for a 100 item puch list it sends a red flag now matter if it is ligit or not. Remember just because you don't like something and that they way it was designed it is what it is. That is the biggest red flag that they look at. Is it real or is the cust being unreasonable. That is the way it is looked at and decisions are made from there.
midflalpinetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #25
Think about it...life is short....and as with many issues in life we have the same choice....do we want to be "right" or do we want to be "successful"
sullivan9162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:06 AM   #26
[QUOTE] [/Think about it...life is short....and as with many issues in life we have the same choice....do we want to be "right" or do we want to be "successful"]
I'm not sure I understand this post. I assume you are referring to me and not the manufacturer. What I also don't understand is why we are forced to make a choice. It should be our obligation as human beings to seek both at the same time.
I now have professional help who is trying to work with the manufacturer. But he seems to be hitting the same brick wall!
Old 09-28-2008, 05:56 AM   #27
Please understand my post was in no way to be critical, but only to consider that sometimes even though we may be treated unfairly, that the cost in time and money is far greater than the restitution we may receive in the end, and that sometimes it is better to acheive some measure of success and move on with our lives, than continue to fight a battle we can not win, thus my comment "sometimes it is better to be successful than right", and I do truly hope you can achieve some measure of satisfaction that you can live with, and enjoy the coach for the purpose for which you aquired it, good luck
sullivan9162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #28

Not sure if you have read any of my recent thread on this forum and the problems I am going through with my DP, but I can relate to your delima. I know exactly how you feel and am very glad that you have found a professional (I'm assuming a lawyer) to help you deal with the manufacturer.

I have found that many folks are quick to tell you that you should just deal with it or that is just the way thing work in the RV world or you have no choice but to handle things a certain way. In the end, you have to do what is right for you and stay true to your heart. You say you don't understand why we are forced to make the choice between being right or being sucessful. In a perfect world you could/should have both. Unfortunately one thing my situation has taught me is sometimes the folks that are doing WRONG are the sucessful ones. As long as others just sit down, give up, and take it, nothing will change.

I know you have been dealing with this for a long time already, but only you can say when you've had enough. Only you can say when you feel justified to let it go and move on.

I, personally, have received many private messages of support and GOOD advice from people who have been through similar situations and I hope that you have as well. If not, let me know and I can forward you some names. BTW - I have not been posting on my thread for a couple of weeks now. I am now just waiting.....waiting to hear how the manufacturer of my coach plans to handle our problem (there has been some progress made lately). I'm having to fight every natural impulse in my body to stay quiet, but I'm doing it. . . . for now.

I'll be thinking of you......good luck to you and I hope you get a result that will bring you peace.

(sorry if this sounded totally "tree hugger-ish".....I just can relate to your plight and wanted to say so.)

kylamart is offline   Reply With Quote