Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #1

i have a 2008 winnebago sightseer 26p. the level jacks will not come down. electrics show that rv is level after auto button is pressed. They were working perfect up to recently.
I live in Ireland and the nearest dealer is the usa. Can anybody give me direction on which way to proceed. I will try the fluid level in the morning but I know I did not have any leaks. My slideouts work ok(electic). thank you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #2

i have a 2008 winnebago sightseer 26p. the level jacks will not come down. electrics show that rv is level after auto button is pressed. They were working perfect up to recently.
I live in Ireland and the nearest dealer is the usa. Can anybody give me direction on which way to proceed. I will try the fluid level in the morning but I know I did not have any leaks. My slideouts work ok(electic). thank you.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Welcome to iRV2.

I've linked your post to the Winnebago forum where your fellow owners will see it.

You will have some help soon.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I don't know much about electric but probably someone who does will answer.

....But I'll play devils advocate. Did you have the MH in park, did you have the parking brake engaged, was the MH on? Simple steps but sometimes I've had "Senior moments".

Good luck
Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #5

If you are engaging the parking brake, there is a possibility you have a defective (safety) lockout circuit. I have had problems of this type on another coach.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
MrG

Location: at exit 308 on I-65 between Huntsville and Birmingham
Maybe a call ( international long distance, sorry) to Winnie and another to manufacturer of the jacks can get you the best answer, JG
Old 08-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #7

Is the leveling unit made by HWH? If so I would start at the power unit with a volt meter and see if the solenoid is energized when the button on the touch pad is pressed.If there is no voltage present you can jumper from the hot lead to the terminal from the pad . This will help you isolate the problem.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:19 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Winnebago Ireland,
Welcome to iRV2. Does your coach have jacks that lift with and electric motor or hydraulic power?
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:52 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Before we all start to guess what is going on, we need to know what jack manufacturer you have, and the specific model number of the jack system. That will help you get accurate information to help you diagnose your problem.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ireland

Best suggestions would be to contact Winnebago Owner Relations via phone at 800-537-1885 or perhaps better for your via email at or@winnebagoind.com. I have had great assistance from them via email as well as via telephone. Provide them your rig serial number, a detailed description of the problem, and everything you have tried.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
If you've had any kind of power problem it some times causes the Kwikee control board to loose it's mind. Try unplugging the board by removing the 4 screws on the jack control panel. The board just plugs in.(mine has two plugs) unplug it and just let it set for a couple of minutes then just plug it back in.(it only goes one way). My jacks have done this twice and each time this corrected it. Its worth a try.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #12

As it turned out, our jacks would not come down because of an electrical short having to do with the parking brake system. Even though the parking brake was on, a message on the dash said it wasn't, so the jacks would not come down. The problem was a wire harness which had simply been "pushed up" out of the way during manufacture of the RV. Over time it drooped down over the top of the parking brake and a cotter pin in the parking brake mechanism rubbed on the harness each time the brake was applied. The pin finally abraded off the insulation on a wire that had to do with the on/off sensing mechanism of the parking brake. After repairing the wire with a new segment, that wire harness is now suspended with an electrical zip tie to the frame under the dash cover, well out of the way of the parking brake.

2005 Adventurer 33V