Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #1

LevelBest 2000 leveling system not working

Our 1998 Fleetwood Southwind Storm has Kwikee's LevelBest 2000 leveling system which worked great until a couple months ago. (We blew up the 12-volt converter box; it's a long story), had the converter box replaced, and since then the leveling system doesn't work. The control panel lights up. Power is getting to the pump. But the jacks don't budge.

Can we use a jump wire from one side of the solenoid to the post on the other side, just for one more test? Any other ideas? There's not much help in the documentation.

We're newcomers to this forum; thanks for any suggestions anyone might care to throw our way.
Myrtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Verify that your automatic apply parking brake and indicator light is operating. You should also have a indicator on the Kwickee panel showing that it is in park. There is a main power to the Motor selenoid through a heavy red wire, as well as a heavy ground to the pump. There is a fuse to the blue wire feeding the control panel. There is a large molex connector to the panel that may have come loose. This connector provides the power to the selonoids. Power gear/ kwickee does provide an online schematic and trouble shoot PDF file online.
RV Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Try resetting the system by unplugging the touch pad for about 5 seconds and plugging it back in. Retry the system and let us know what you find.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #4

thanks

We're working on all suggestions - thanks! The lights on the control panel all light up, but pushing a button accomplishes nothing We're looking for how to unplug it as suggested. We've printed the service manual from power gear/kwikee.

Heading out this afternoon for 4 days in Alberta and will have time, we hope, to do further troubleshooting (and read the service manual). Will check back next week.
Thanks again,
Myrt
Old 07-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had to do a reset on mine after a battery replacement. As I recall I removed four screws from the front panel and when it was pulled out, unplugged the connector from the circuit board.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the Kwikee 3000 and I have to remove the control panel to reset it. Just like you, all of the lights are lit but nothing happens when any button is pushed. On mine, the connector to unplug is white in color and has 4 wires. Unplug, wait 5 seconds, replug and then see if if works. Kwikee told me the control panel loses communication with the jacks sometimes.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #7

Thanks so much to all who responded. The trick was what a couple of you suggested: reset the control panel by unplugging it briefly then plugging back in. Our leveling system is now working, thanks to you all. Wonder why Kwikee doesn't make this "Troubleshooting Tip #1" in their docs.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My system "loses communication" so often that I am looking for a place to put a connector that can be accessed without removing the 4 screws every time. The holes in the wood finally stripped out so I had to glue some aluminum strips to the inside of the hole cutout for some solid material..

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthomas1 View Post
My system "loses communication" so often that I am looking for a place to put a connector that can be accessed without removing the 4 screws every time. The holes in the wood finally stripped out so I had to glue some aluminum strips to the inside of the hole cutout for some solid material..
You shouldn't be loosing communication so often but if you don't remedy it and want, you could use velro to hold the touch pad to dash instead of screws.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kwikee levelbest 2000, leveling jacks