Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2016, 02:19 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile leveling jacks

My rv is a 2015 31e chateau ford chassis trouble is I keep getting a error code on my auto leveler the message is return leveler for service retract timeout I checked the battery voltage and its 13.45 with engine running 14.50 anyone have an idea whats going on.
scuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2016, 02:52 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
What make, model of leveler jacks do you have? There are a number of makes, types, that can make a difference on our advice to you.

Measure of voltage depends a lot on where you did it. At the battery? at the dash? at a monitor panel? The voltage that counts is the reading at the actual motor or pump doing the extending or retracting of the jack. A dirty or incomplete connection could make a problem even when the batteries read full charge.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:06 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jacks are LCI I read voltage at battery
scuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well of course it's a Lippert product, or you wouldn't be having trouble I have 150 successful systems on my coach, and 100% fail from the 3 that are LCI

Mine does what yours is doing all the time. Hit Enter and Retract together and it will reset. Mine will spend too much time sometimes leveling or retracting and error time out. I don't think there is anything actually wrong. Also has a hard time retracting and staying there and about the time I'm ready to hit drive it gives me a "jacks down" alarm and goes into emergency retract. I just let it finish spazzing out on it's own and enjoy the rest of my vacation. I see the new Winnebago dropped this one and went to a Power Gear (also LCI), along with the slide system as well.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:18 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Here's a link to the LCI (Lippert) manual. It does mention a 'time out' warning light, but doesn't really explain what to do. They do suggest you keep jacks clean so dirt or sand doesn't impede the motion.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks