Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2005, 11:08 AM   #1

Hello,

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2005, 11:08 AM   #2

Hello,

2004 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
cboh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:45 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Most likely the Engine light looking at the fuel tank. Make sure the fuel tank cap is on tight. Then reset as you did befor and see if the light stays out. A hand held code reader is handy to get a code readout so that you know for sure what set the light off. Your dealer can read the code for you. No big thing, but its nice to know why its comming on.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I had the same with my 33V/W20 and it ran well also. The Workhorse dealership found a connector on the wiring harness that hadn't been fully seated. Check the wiring harness connectors. If anything is loose, push them in until they go "click". It may be that simple.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #5

My suggestion- take it to the Workhorse repair center and have the exhaust fixed. When that's done have them crank it up & let it run awhile. If the engine light continues to come on tell them to keep it till they fix it.

Good luck,
Dave

Spartan & 350 CAT
Catdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:01 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cboh1:
Thanks Cat Dave,

This little light issue made me think and compile a list of all the things wrong on our new 2005 Adventurer 33V. Ended up with 35 items.From water leaks in the slide outs to brake issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear you've got those problems, cboh1. Don't let it spoil your new RV experience though. Let the dealer fix the discreps and motor on down the road!

Best of luck,
Dave

Spartan & 350 CAT
Catdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:27 AM   #7

cboh1
Just a thought and may not be the problem. I had the same thing happen to me a year or so ago. Engine light came on and I checked everything, decided to add a little oil and after about 1/2 quart added it went off and never had the problem again. I think it was after I did an oil change and used the longer filter and just didn't quite reach the mark.
Good luck
Cris
Old 04-20-2005, 09:10 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cboh1:
I did change over the fuel cap to locking but it was a direct change over ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you get a locking fuel cap for the W22?