Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Those electronic devices keep elephants away too. I know for sure, never have seen evidence of an elephant in my garage.
I have a Highly Trained Cat, she does the same job, now if I could only teach her to keep the Deer out of my apricot trees.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
I am not sure how to know forsure.......

but we keep ours plugged in,,,, and plug in those small rodent devices (make a high pitch sounds that humans can't hear) and we never have mice!

I guess we would have to try a winter without to know forsure they are why we have none,,,, but not going to do that.

L.
I thinks I have deaf mice here in Iowa.
Crazeee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:22 PM   #45

only if the light is attached to a shotgun or my Glock...ha!
K9Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:48 AM   #46

I found mice enter around the toilet flange in my unit so I keep a box of decon on the black water tank, has worked for several years.
jlathem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:34 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Live trap and relocation works for that.
Why a live trap? Any critter doing property damage dies!
Old 08-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Piper View Post
only if the light is attached to a shotgun or my Glock...ha!
I like the way you think!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #49

I have not yet tried this, but I was told just a few days ago that coyote urine works great (can be purchased at Bass Pro or the like).
This guy said that mice usually climb up the tires and then find a way into the RV. He said that coyote urine sprayed around where the tires touch the ground will keep them away for about a month after each spraying. I would assume that any other way a mice could access the RV should be sprayed too (maybe a shore cord).
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:40 PM   #50

Gee...I'd be careful that coyote will not bite you while you are collecting the urine. If I were the coyote I'd be a bit on the nasty side if you put a grab on me and made me pee!...just saying!
K9Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #51

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Rope lights absolutely prevents pack rats. But if you are not in the southwest, no pack rats.
I live in the midwest and my wife says I'm a pack rat!
Old 09-19-2016, 03:23 PM   #52

Well we had a mice problem at a campground in New Mexico. I had peppermint placed throughout the RV and in some cases next to Fresh Cab with moth balls underneath on the ground & on top of the tires. At the end of the season Victor spring traps with peanut butter (some like it with nuts) had caught over 35 mice. Sometimes one right beside the other in my battery compartment. I quit wasting my money on Fresh Cab & peppermint (RV smells better) but the mice love it. Yeah for Victor!!! I hope that I left the mice New Mexico!! Just based on my experience from this past summer season as a campground host. One night the traps had caught 3 (three)!! V for Victor

Ralph 2005 Alpine 40FDQS

Thanks
Old 09-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #53

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0808 View Post
Well we had a mice problem at a campground in New Mexico. I had peppermint placed throughout the RV and in some cases next to Fresh Cab with moth balls underneath on the ground & on top of the tires. At the end of the season Victor spring traps with peanut butter (some like it with nuts) had caught over 35 mice. Sometimes one right beside the other in my battery compartment. I quit wasting my money on Fresh Cab & peppermint (RV smells better) but the mice love it. Yeah for Victor!!! I hope that I left the mice New Mexico!! Just based on my experience from this past summer season as a campground host. One night the traps had caught 3 (three)!! V for Victor

Ralph 2005 Alpine 40FDQS

Thanks
We purchased our coach used last November. We live in a rural area and constantly battle mice inside of our house. We used the fresh cab and peppermint soaked cotton ball treatment on the inside. We also filled old water bottles with moth balls and punched holes in them at each wheel. We also placed about 4 traps loaded with peanut butter throughout the inside. The smells must have kept them away as the traps were never touched and no mice. I'm a believer in the deterrents and will be using that method again this fall.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #54

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.elliott63 View Post
We purchased our coach used last November. We live in a rural area and constantly battle mice inside of our house. We used the fresh cab and peppermint soaked cotton ball treatment on the inside. We also filled old water bottles with moth balls and punched holes in them at each wheel. We also placed about 4 traps loaded with peanut butter throughout the inside. The smells must have kept them away as the traps were never touched and no mice. I'm a believer in the deterrents and will be using that method again this fall.
I'm betting on the moth balls are doing the most good. I have avoided using them for fear that Sena (the monkey) would get into them. They are poison! Great idea putting them in a perforated plastic bottle! Those I can tie to the tires and put in the water and electric bays.

We're headed south to the desert soon and will give moth balls a try. Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #55

Has anyone concerned about the ac water run off? I know ac has condensation, but if you wrap your house cold return line why no your ac roof top ac?
any thoughts?
Thanks, mbs67
mbs67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, motorhome