Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lippert Auto Leveling Power Pac. Follow on to Lippert Leveling pump Smoking.

Hi Gang, Well the new electric motor arrived last week and I installed it. The rig goes up and down again.

The problem I'm haveing with it now is that while you are parked and have the parking break applied the pump works fine.

The problem arises after the Jacks are raised and you release the Parking break. The pump starts to cycle (truns on and off) for no apparent reason. It does not try to put the jacks down, the motor just starts turning for a few seconds at a time, so I disconnect the power wire to stop it. If I don't disconnect the power the motor heats up real quickly.

I thought maybe it was the pressure switch but that seems to work, we were camping this weekend and the rig leved just fine and stayed up all weekend, I'm assuming that if the pressure switch was bad the rig would have dropped a bit.

I do have a call into Lippert but as of Friday they hadn't called back. The first service tech I delt with, Chris Deroshia, was fantastic.
Hopeing to hear more during the week, but any ideas you guys have would be welcome too.

Thanks,
Stewart
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I doubt a pressure sensor, I would suspect a control circuit sending incorrect signals.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Fred, thank you for your response. I'm thinking along the same lines now. I forgot to mention that the Jacks Down indicator stays lits also when the jacks are fully retracted. The control panel does some other funky stuff as well.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Do you think it's the simple "reset the system"? I remember a tech telling me to hold down all 4 arrow buttons for 10 seconds (or something like that)
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:50 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Muck, sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I think I'm a bit beyond that. It's been reset a few times. Rik at Lippert seems to be leaning towards air in the system. I've raised and lowered the jack numerous times but the problem persists.
These are my current issues;
- Electric Motor cycles on and off when parking break released. When it's cycling it does not lower the jacks. When PB engaged system works well. Disconnecting the pressure switch stops the cycling.

- When Retract Jacks button is pressed the rig drops down very quickly, alarmingly so. You had better be sitting down.

Tags
leveling, power