Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Lippert Leveling System and Jack Down light

Hello all...

I have a 2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE with the Lippert Leveling System (4 hydraulic jacks).

After the motorhome sits for a period of time (about one week) with the jacks up, when I go to start the vehicle, the Jack Down light will light as if the jacks are down. This problem has been occurring since I bought the motorhome new in August 2013.

I took the vehicle to the dealership and they replaced two hydraulic lines which they said were bulging. Thought they had fixed the problem until I started my motorhome the other day and the Jack Down light lit again.

This will be the third time I will have to bring my motorhome in to the dealership in an attempt to fix this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem and what was your solution?

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Ross
I searched for all the troubleshooting with the Lippert Leveling System I could find. Many have had the jacks stowed and driving down the road the light would come on but I couldn't find anyone with your same problem to get answers. sorry. I have the same jack system and if my coach is going to be parked for any time at all I level it. I would rather it set on the jacks than on the suspension. I would try doing that for a while and it could be that your jacks need to be used more. I have found that the manufactures of the products Winnebago uses are very helpful if you call them. They don't want Winnebago's customers unhappy. Many times a tech will help you troubleshoot or repair. They know the product better than Winnebago. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Jesse

Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Jesse,

Thank you for the hard work. The dealership has already spoken to Lippert. They basically gave them a laundry list of things to do/check, but don't really know why this problem is occurring. I was hoping to narrow down that list. The dealership is trying to get a Lippert Tech to work on my RV and they are going to make contact with Winnebago tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No fun for you. SORRY
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #5

I have found that most Winnebagos using the Lippert system have pretty much the same problem after sitting for a while. If you press the retract and enter at the same time the jacks down, or any error code will clear and the system will return to normal.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
Jesse,

Thank you for the hard work. The dealership has already spoken to Lippert. They basically gave them a laundry list of things to do/check, but don't really know why this problem is occurring. I was hoping to narrow down that list. The dealership is trying to get a Lippert Tech to work on my RV and they are going to make contact with Winnebago tomorrow.
That sounds good. I have a friend stop by today that was a tech for a Winnebago dealership. I told him what your jacks are doing and what type they are. He said that there are adjustable switches on each jack that alert the driver if a jack is not stowed. He believes that at least one if them is set too sensitive. He said it could also be a bad float indicator.
I would like to know what they find.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
That sounds good. I have a friend stop by today that was a tech for a Winnebago dealership. I told him what your jacks are doing and what type they are. He said that there are adjustable switches on each jack that alert the driver if a jack is not stowed. He believes that at least one if them is set too sensitive. He said it could also be a bad float indicator.
I would like to know what they find.
Jesse
Thank you. I will let my dealership know when I take it in.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #8

rv ford hr vactioner 1999 hits bottom on driveways

Tags
leveling