Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #1

Lippert Leveling systems - Known Issues?

We recently purchased a 'new to us' 2009 Monaco Diplomat. So far it has been an 'interesting' learning curve from our old 2003 Endeavor. We recently had an issue with the Lippert leveling system, in that the seal from the pump to the motor went out. This caused the motor to quite working and of course the slides were out! The good thing was that it happened while at a repair shop so we did not have to move. I was told that the sealing system in the Lippert system was 'known' to fail. Has anyone else had issues with they system and if so what was the work around?

R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #2

We have a Lippert leveling system on our 2013 Winnebago Adventurer. Winnebago has been using them a few years now and several of our friends have them on their motorhomes. So far I've not heard any complaints, or "known Problems".

Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
No issues on my 2009.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I just bought a new 2013 Itasca Sunstar with has the Lippert Leveling System. I am not having any problems per se;however, I do notice the yellow left arrow light will blink every so often when I start the engine. The jacks are up and there are no error messages in the display window. Sent any e-mail to Lippert. There reply was basically don't think there is a problem, but keep an eye on it. if it persists, they recommend having it looked at.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
When my coach was less than 2 years old, the seal in the Lippert pump failed. At the time, I was on my own as far as Lippert was concerned. They stated they had no known issues. Since that time, Lippert did warranty many units for the leaking seal issue.

Although mine was a Lippert slide pump, some Monaco coaches used Lippert for the leveling also.

Do a search for "Lippert pump." You will find many stories about such.

Here is how I fixed it. Going on 4 years now and 35,000 miles later. If you are mechanically talented, you will save big dollars.

Monaco also used a Power Gear leveling system, when the two systems were separate. The Power Gear reservoir was not properly supported and the reservoir tank would crack at the weld. Many Diplomats had this issue, with owners adding tank supports. Verify your leveling system to be sure, if you haven't. Also do a search for "Power Gear."

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #6

When our pump was replaced 'under warranty' I kept the old pump and valve assembly. I will take some time this winter and take the pump/motor apart and see what makes it 'tick'.
Happycarz; thank you for the update. So far we have not had any more issues.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:41 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
I just bought a new 2013 Itasca Sunstar with has the Lippert Leveling System. I am not having any problems per se;however, I do notice the yellow left arrow light will blink every so often when I start the engine. The jacks are up and there are no error messages in the display window. Sent any e-mail to Lippert. There reply was basically don't think there is a problem, but keep an eye on it. if it persists, they recommend having it looked at.
Update... Starting to have a problem with the "Jacks Down" light. It would light (indicating the jacks are down) even though the jacks were up after the coach sat for several weeks. Took it to the dealership and they were unable to replicate the problem. A few weeks go by and the light continues to light after the motorhome sits for a few days. Took it back to the dealership where the problem re-occurred for them. Turns out one of the hydraulic lines had a bulge in it. Parts are on order.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Had the same problem with my Vista 2013 27n. I hadn't started the coach for 6 weeks. I took it out before our latest cold snap and got the message that jacks were down. They weren't. I drove it for 20 miles or so, message stayed on. Too cold to have it checked but I will in the Spring. Thanks for the possible hint into what the problem could be.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #9

We just had to have our Lippert hydraulic bedroom slide fixed. The bolts sheared that mount the assembly. We were told that Lippert uses bolts that are to small.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #10

Quote:
If the system is on a single yellow indicator is sensing which side or end of the coach is low. All indicators flashing and an audible alarm indicates a jack is extended.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #11

We have a 2007 FR Georgetown with the Lippert levelers and slides. The slides and jacks have been up and down a at least a hundred times with never a pump problem. The hoses (orange ones only) have been a problem. All have developed bulges and have been replaced by me.
2007 FR Georgetown xl
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
yes, i too blew one of the hoses. since the coach is 18 months old, Lippert's warranty is only 12 months and they woiuldn't help me. not impressed at all with Lippert/LCI on there slides and jacks. have had problems with both. certainly will try to avoid them in the future on the next RV.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Update... Starting to have a problem with the "Jacks Down" light. It would light (indicating the jacks are down) even though the jacks were up after the coach sat for several weeks. Took it to the dealership and they were unable to replicate the problem. A few weeks go by and the light continues to light after the motorhome sits for a few days. Took it back to the dealership where the problem re-occurred for them. Turns out one of the hydraulic lines had a bulge in it. Parts are on order.
Update... Two lines were replaced due to bulging. Still have the same problem with the Jack Down light coming on after the motorhome sits for a week with the jacks up.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:31 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question Brand new Winnebago with Lippert Levelers

Our 2014 unit has Lippert jacks. First trip, remote said jacks were down biut they weren't. All hydraulic fluid gone from reservoir. Replaced fluid and ran troubleshooting as called for in manual. Called Lippert, ran troubleshooting again. Tech said either pump was shot or lines need bled. Have service appointment Tuesday. Strangest thing is replacement fluid has not leaked out. I assume that there must be a problem at the jacks themselves that cause the fluid to leak when extending or retracting. We'll see.

Tags
leveling