Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lippert Ultra Level hydraulic lines

anyone have dimensional specs on the orange and black lines used on the system they put in a f/l chassis?

mine are now leaking....hopefully tomorrow i can get a close look at one to get some data....
so a new set can be made up
tia
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #2

You might try contacting Lippert for the specs. I had one leaking at the fitting end & tightened it with a small spanner wrench, no more leaks so far.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
lippert was a great help this morning
plus my own finding of the numbers on the hoses
i made word file and it has screen shots of the respective vendors
discount hydraulic hose has most everything and summit has a few hoses built up to put in after the bad is cut out.

i spent a few hours this morning under the bus wiping down lines and actuating the levelers manually to see who was leaking......
still havent found it...so then i did the whole level cycle on auto and still no drips.
safety alert. i wasn't under the bus during the auto cycle.
my wet area is right behind the genny and allows me to sit up right and not hit any frame members. so on manually the jacks were each pressed to see if their pressure lines were leaking.
no sprays, so i will wait to to see any bleed down over the next few days.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hose end fittings.pdf (1.50 MB, 112 views)
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #4

Had leveler issues this week. Retracted all jacks, then all hydraulic pumping stopped with just half inch left to retract. Alarms went off. No hydraulic motor action.

Solution...found blown fuse, loose ground wire, corroded wiring lugs.

Tightened all connections, cleaned all electrical connections, all is good!
rosspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #5

Ugggh. Went under to inspect all jack hoses, found all the retract lines (orange) to be spongy...on the verge of leaking. Black lift hoses were all good. Will start the long process of un bundling the hoses and will pull them and get new ones made. Local RV service wanted $2K to replace two lines! New 3000 psi hoses and fittings around $300.00.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:20 AM   #6

Found out why shops charge so much. Well over 10 hours to remove and replace the lines to rear of coach, plus cost of hoses/fittings.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:49 AM   #7

Had interesting conversation with LCI technical support today. When my unit is in storage and jacks are fully retracted, it keeps 2150 psi on the retract orange hoses 24 /7

In our conversation we discussd the idea of just barely dropping the jacks while in long term storage which releases the pressure on the orange retract hoses and keeps the hoses at lower pressure and therefore at a less risk of leakage.

However, you still have to take care to remember to lift them up before you take off as well as cleaning off the jack shafts if they are exposed to much dirt.

This is probably why lift hoses are still in good shape as they are only under pressure when unit is leveled.