Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Liquid Wax!

I am looking for a liquid wax that can be applied with a long pole, sponge applicator. One that does not require buffing. Too old and out of shape for that task. Buggtie looks good after a wash but is ready for a good waxing!
farmerick4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #2

"good waxing" is going to be hand applied and hand or buff removed even a quick spray wax needs to be rubbed off. I would say if you are unable apply it and remove it you will someone to help.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerick4u View Post
I am looking for a liquid wax that can be applied with a long pole, sponge applicator. One that does not require buffing. Too old and out of shape for that task. Buggtie looks good after a wash but is ready for a good waxing!
Try Optimum Polymer spray wax with UVA and UVB block. Easy spray on and wipe off. It last up to 5 months, has polymers and carnauba wax. Sold by the gallon on Amazon. Great stuff, easy and results equal hand wax jobs.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:03 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I use Dry Wash N Guard, but it must be applied, then wiped off with three different cloth's to get a really good job. It'll last a year or more too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm normally a "Dawn" dishwashing detergent kind of car wash guy. but this stuff seemed to work.

I live out in the stick and we are on well water, so washing cars means water spots, bad water spots. :-(

My Daughter got this stuff for me for Christmas last year. A month ago I was going to wash all the winter road salt and crap off the MH and decided, what the heck, I'll give this stuff a try. I mixed a couple ounces in with water, and used my mopp thing on a long pole. I didn't use any soap , just this stuff. It takes me about 20-30 minutes to wash the entire MH

I was impressed, it did a reasonably good job, the MH looked pretty good, and very few water spots. I've used it several times since on cars, I rarely wash cars at my house because of the well water / water spot issue, the cars looked looked pretty good also with minor water spotting.

This is nowhere near a good wax job, but a lot better than just a wash job. I'll definitely buy more when this one runs out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CarWash_600.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	99100  
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mr D - I use the Dry Wash on my airplane - wonderful stuff.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
I'm normally a "Dawn" dishwashing detergent kind of car wash guy. but this stuff seemed to work.

I live out in the stick and we are on well water, so washing cars means water spots, bad water spots. :-(

My Daughter got this stuff for me for Christmas last year. A month ago I was going to wash all the winter road salt and crap off the MH and decided, what the heck, I'll give this stuff a try. I mixed a couple ounces in with water, and used my mopp thing on a long pole. I didn't use any soap , just this stuff. It takes me about 20-30 minutes to wash the entire MH

I was impressed, it did a reasonably good job, the MH looked pretty good, and very few water spots. I've used it several times since on cars, I rarely wash cars at my house because of the well water / water spot issue, the cars looked looked pretty good also with minor water spotting.

This is nowhere near a good wax job, but a lot better than just a wash job. I'll definitely buy more when this one runs out.
"Dawn" is a detergent and will remove any wax or polish and is not recommend if you wax. It is good for removing dirt,oil and other road stuff and wax. It is also what a lot of body shops use after they sand before paint to remove any oil and dirt.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:14 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I have read to use baby shampoo or a good quality car wash soap. Dish soap is not the best to use as stated early, remember dish soap is made to remove grease/ wax from whatever it touches.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Ok Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:22 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I use Turtle Wax's ZIPWAX on our motohome and cars.
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
X2 on ZIPWAX and I use Awesome on the stubborn black streaks.

Sent from my iPhone6 using iRV2 mobile
Robin, Carolyn and Maggie the Schnauzer - 2015 Winnebago Vista 30T, 2014 Smart Car Toad
Old 07-04-2015, 09:23 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I'm a ProtectAll fan - easy to wipe on and wipe off and does a nice job. But applying anything with a long pole seems arduous to me. Fiddling with the pole seems like more work than climbing a ladder (and I'm 71)
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #12

I use Eagle1 Nano wash and wax and a long pole with a soft brush on it. I have another long pole with a floor squeegee that I use before the water dries.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,

Number one I would not use any detergent or car wash on a motor home or trailer. Instead I would use RV Wash N Wax to wash it.

To wax or protect the finish I would recommend Protect-All which you spray on and wipe off but can't be done with a long pole.

If you can't climb a latter than hire someone and give the the Protect-All to do the job and you can even do the windows with it but not the windshield

Good Luck!
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
As you can see, there are a lot of different waxes used. Unfortunately, they all must be applied and wiped off. I am not aware of a good wax that does not need to be wiped off.

Good luck!

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote