Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
We are looking for a new sunscreen for the Bounder and tried to go to the Prompt Screen site with no luck. Anyone able to give me some info about their product and/or a meens of seeing their product?
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
You can get to their link here...BUT I do prefer a different type.Many of us Monaco folks who were at Quartzsite have either previously purchsed or purchased this past month - the inside screens from Tim & Crystal Ryerson. You can find their info here in this thread.
Here are a couple of photos of what we have

...along with another post with info here...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
paz

We have a set of Prompt Sunscreens. The advantages are they mount with rubber straps and suction cups so you don't have to drill holes in your RV to install them. The Prompt Sunscreens can also be put up without a ladder, although I still have to use a 1-step stool since I'm not very tall.

The disadvantages are we sometimes have to wait to put up our screens until it stops raining, we sometimes have to clean a bug-splattered windshield before putting them up, and sometimes the side screens that are fastened by suction cups fall down. The side screens also sag somewhat because the suction cups do not allow enough tension to make them taut.

We have come to favor inside-mounted shades, but don't have room between the bulkhead behind the windshield and the windshield for the power screens from MCD. The MCD power screens are also quite expensive.

That's the reason I just finished making a new set of inside suncreens similar to the ones MonacoMama is talking about. The ones for the windshield are held in place by suction cups and the ones for the side windows are held in place by snaps. There is a place here in Florida that sells the fabric, suction cups, and snaps very inexpensively. So far, we are very happy with the new screens.

Another source for inside-mounted screens is RV Quick Shades. These fasten with suction cups like the ones I made.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #4

tmar10

Just another vote for the RV Quick Shades. We looked at a number of posts on different forums and everybody seems to have their favorite. Being fulltimers we then started looking at all the coaches we saw with shades in the RV parks we were staying in and decided to go the inside route, especially after seeing on older gentleman teeter on his ladder in the rain trying to remove one of the outside style shades.

Now the wife can put or take down the shades in just a couple of minutes while I am outside doing the hookups. Haven't hit a rainy day yet, but if we do I think I'd better not propose trading jobs with her. As always, you may have your own reasons for preferring the Prompt Shades, and then they will be the right ones for you.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
You might want to check out MCD Innovations at www.mcdinnovations.com Not only do they have shades, but they also have shades... Ok, yes, I know... what is he talking about.

We had the clip on exterior shades... now we have a powered day and night shade for the front window...

Works great, can not be more pleased.

Great people as well...
Zbugsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:11 PM   #6

We opted for the external dark screen custom made when we were in Yuma. Yes, I have to stand on a ladder and fasten 8 clips, but no big deal and 5 minutes on or off. I prefer the external to prevent the heat that is absorbed from warming up the inside of the coach further. I like the secure attachment and not being able to see in during the day.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought from Prompt. They were a big pain in the posterior. I threw mine in the dumpster. I saving up to have MCD installed.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:57 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Thanks for all the replies,

Based on your responses and some additional reading, Betty and I have narrowed our choice down to the RV Quick Shade. A little more searching on my part prior to posting could have saved a little typing for everyone...Sorry.

Thanks again.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
tmar10 - NO apologies needed.
The folks I mentioned (Tim & Crystal) are active members here on iRV2. They are "RV QuickShades" distributors. You can also contact them at the info found here. They are known here as "InflatableBoats4Less".
I know of many people who have dealt with them and no one has ever told me of any problems.

MM

(Besides-They also donated wine for the impromptu iRV2 gathering in QZ earlier this month!)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:51 PM   #10

I have a set of window screens that I made from Multi-Purpose Foil that I purchased at CW. The foil comes 4'x 10' per roll. I cut one roll in half and it completely covers the windows above my dinette and couch. I cut another to cover both bedroom windows. The extra piece that was left over was used to cover the small window next to the coach door. The foil has air pockets inside for insulation and a highly reflective surface blocks IR and UV. I added some small plastic hooks below the windows to hold up the bottom when installed. Each weighs only a few ounces. Everything is installed inside the coach with the foil against the windows. These have worked well for almost four years and the total cost was less than $40.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:42 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
RV Quick Shades worked well for us on our Meridian. Fast up and down and no outside mess to contend with. Best way we found to go.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:39 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Our sponsor Prompt RV Sunscreen offers a patented design which allows an owner to setup the sunshades on the windshield and side windows without the use of a ladder and there are no snaps and holes to drill in the body.

Come and meet Bill Rex at the FMCA South East Area Rally in Brooksville this upcoming week.

If you Google Prompt RV Sunscreens you will see that Prompt comes up quickly in the listings at the 3rd and 4th position where the source is iRV2.com.

Once on the home page look for the iRV2.com logo!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 AM   #13

PAZ

Where in Florida might one find the material for the shades/screens? We have a large side window and I'd like to use an inside screen on it sorta like a curtain. Thanks, Savannah
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
MonacoMama,

If there is a wine tasting involved, I know where to find Betty.

I will try to get in touch with Tim and/or Crystal for additional information on their product. The link you gave said I did not have permission to access the page but I think I saw their info in one of your earlier links.