Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #1

Low Water Presure

The water pressure in my 2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38 when attached to the city water appears to be lower than it should be. When running on the pump the pressure seams great. This is the second park in a week we have been to and it's been low at both. I recall reading a thread once where someone mentioned something in the water system stuck over the winter.

I tried swapping out the pressure regulator at the boss but that didn't work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Had an 04 National Tropi Cal that had that problem. It turned out that there was a back flow preventer in the line right where the hose connection entered the coach. The valve had become sticky/corroded over time.
bdpreece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

It is probably low flow (volume) rather than low pressure. Make sure the check valve in the city inlet is opening ok and that the screen on the inlet isn't clogged or damaged.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I always use a whole house filtration system. My setup includes a pressure regualtor and a pressure guage. If you have adequate pressure and low flow, you can tell pretty quickly what the problem is - either a check valve issue or plugged water filter.

You might want to invest in a Watts regulator and pressure guage (rvwaterfilterstore.com). This will help you trouble shoot problems and also protect you from the rare campground that has too much water pressure.

And if the campground has really low water pressure (like where we are staying this week) you'll know the "problem" is the campgrounds.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #5

If you have a inlet filter and haven't changed it, it maybe clogged.

I had hours of testing, checking and hunting around till I remembered to try a new filter. Like magic we had water once again.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #6

You mention a pressure regulator. If it is one of those Walmart types, it could be the problem. The outlet orifice in those regulators is very small. and restricts the flow (volume of water( passing through. To test this, remove the regulator and see if your flow increases. If so, get a Watts whole house regulator. and install it. Your flow problems will go away and you will still have regulated water pressure.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote