Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2008, 07:52 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We recently returned from our first trip of the year that included a day and a half of boondocking. While doing so, I noticed that my water pump pressure was less than what it normally is. What should I check first? Thanks!

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:52 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We recently returned from our first trip of the year that included a day and a half of boondocking. While doing so, I noticed that my water pump pressure was less than what it normally is. What should I check first? Thanks!

Craig

Old 04-26-2008, 08:11 AM   #3

Water filters. The one on the inlet to the pump and any others you may have.
JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JerryForwood:
Water filters. The one on the inlet to the pump and any others you may have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have a single water filter system which I replaced when I put the rig into hibernation for the winter, but I was under the impression that it only filtered the city water inlet. Am I mistaken?

I guess I'll pull it and replace it just in case. Thanks.

Craig

Craig

Old 04-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #5

There is usually a filter screen that is attached to the inlet on the pump. It is usually a white attachment on the inlet side of the pump. Unscrew it and check for debris.
If you have any other filters down stream from the pump, check them also. If none, then check the output of the pump at the pump. If the pump is putting out good pressure, you have some obstruction in the lines. If the pump is not putting out good pressure at the pump, you may need to replace it.
JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I experienced the same thing. I took out the filter at the water pump and cleaned it, even though it didn't look dirty to me. That helped a lot. I still had weak pressure and cycling in my shower so I pulled the hose from the fitting and found another screen filter there. Cleaned it and viola! The next thing that I intend to do id remove the restrictor on the shower hose. I don't boondock much and I have good GI shower methods so I am not concerned at all.
Joe
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

There is normally a debris screen (aka filter) at the pump inlet, the city inlet, and at each faucet (in the spout - usually unscrews from the tip). They fill up with sand and mineral salts. And when that crud dries out during a period of non-use, it can really shut things down.

In my coach the water filter cartridge filters all water, tank or city, but others may be city supply only. It varies by coach make and even by model.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It must have been some sort of debris that unclogged itself. I tested the system again yesterday, and everything was back to normal.

Craig