Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddintang View Post
The Rand McNally 7710 has a port for an external antenna. Dont know what type plug, I ordered the antenna on line for mine.
Where did you order it from and which one did you get? I would like to get one for mine, but have no idea where to start.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Call April too, she takes great care of anyone from the forum. When I replaced my Magnadyne M1-CD with the M1-LCD, she knocked $200.00 off the M1-LCD to bring it $40.00 under a competitor's price.

Several of us here bought our 7710 from her.

I can promise she will take care of you.
Who is April and how do we get hold of her? Can you please share the details.

Thanks,
Stewart

IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
April Klein at Recreation Nation.

Here is her latest email to another member (cc'd) me so I feel safe in posting. Be sure to use the coupon number in here email for an extra 5% off to iRV2 members.

"Well hi!
Thank goodness for people like Dennis to help others! Of course there are certain prices we have to maintain online for various products. With that said, even though our required MAP pricing on the RVND7710 is suppose to be $399, we have it listed for a 10% discount at $359 so we can compete with Camping World, (who is also suppose to advertise at $399), but bends the rules.

We don’t have any unadvertised specials for IRV2 customers, but since you asked, I suppose we can! Having spent 23 years trying to make life a happy place for RV consumers, I have a soft spot for you guys!

I just had our IT guy create a code… are you ready for this? Coupon code is “IRV2” and if you use it during check out, you will get an additional 5% off (anything). This brings the price of the 7710 to $342.00 and you will get free shipping. For now, we have quietly added “lifetime maps” to our description online as we have an outstanding promotion with Rand McNally and we will continue to give it to anyone who purchases from us. So I guess Dennis is right, we’ll give you LTM and the best price!

You are right, the lifetime map issue is clear as mud. Even though there is not a map update available right now, it’s used so often as a marketing tool that everyone wants to make sure they have it. Rand McNally has offered it free at various times and I think that makes it extremely hard to take it away. Don’t quote me on this, but we continue to push Rand McNally to make it free (when an update is available) for anyone who owns the 7710. It remains to be seen if they charge when the time comes so I just tell anyone who did not buy under a “Free LTM” promo not to pay anything until a new map is available. (Hopefully that didn’t undo everything Dennis tried to teach you!)

Feel free to share your IRV2 coupon code, we’ll leave it active indefinitely if folks continue to use it. Make sure you check out the new LED strips we had made as fluorescent replacements. I thought $40 for 1 LED tube was highway robbery and we have a great manufacturer who builds our LED’s how we want them. All of our lights are non polar sensitive, so no messing around with reversed fixture wiring! Our other cool product is the Denver Mattress. There is nothing on the market like it!

Anyway, thanks to both you and Dennis for giving us a chance to do business with you guys! Let me know if there is anything else we can do!

Best Regards, April"

April Klein
Recreation NationTM
541-762-1949
855-866-8877
http://RecreationNation.ME
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
Who is April and how do we get hold of her? Can you please share the details.

Thanks,
Stewart
Note sure there will be much savings for you guys in Canada after paying the duty.

April's contact data is in the post above this one.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I posted a new thread in the general area about the IRV2 coupon. Thanks again Dennis for your help!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #20

How often are the map updates? Garmin's 4 times a year. Bought a New 2010 Ford Explorer with a built in, Finally came out with a $200 map update 4-12 last update was 6-10. not too good.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
P.S. I don't receive any kick backs from April, so I how about a good cup of coffee from you guys that get a discount from her the next time we cross paths. I like Paul Newman's Special Blend Extra Bold, If you have a Keurig, if not I'm an old sailor and we'll drink just about anything that resembles coffee.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
How often are the map updates? Garmin's 4 times a year. Bought a New 2010 Ford Explorer with a built in, Finally came out with a $200 map update 4-12 last update was 6-10. not too good.
Hard to say, they haven't had one yet. I think I remember reading they would be once a year but not sure about that.

Had the same thing in my BMW, new GPS DVD $325.00. I get by on the outdated maps for that kind of money for a DVD.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
Auto Maker's GPS kinda suck. Might have some nice features but upgrades....not so good.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by athuddriver View Post
I posted a new thread in the general area about the IRV2 coupon. Thanks again Dennis for your help!
No problem. Wasn't trying to push you to the RM just wanted make you aware of the free maps if you went that way.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
No problem. Wasn't trying to push you to the RM just wanted make you aware of the free maps if you went that way.
No pushing seen. I was trying to like it and just wanted the price to be competitive...presto chango...DONE! I'm happy.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks sdennislee. . Your right about the dutys we get hosed big time up here on that stuff, delivery costs to. I prefer our cousins in the south just use USPS, may take a little longer but it's a whole lot cheaper and IMHO worth the wait.

Thanks again,
Stewart
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
Thanks sdennislee. . Your right about the dutys we get hosed big time up here on that stuff, delivery costs to. I prefer our cousins in the south just use USPS, may take a little longer but it's a whole lot cheaper and IMHO worth the wait.

Thanks again,
Stewart
I have offices on both sides of the border. So I understand the pain of Duty and Customs.

Tags
gps