Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #1

hi i am conctacting anyone ho can help me with the following matter. I am mailing from the Netherlands. europe. I bought a toyota mini cruiser in a quite well state. It is a 1985 manufactured and imported camoer from the USA. think it is the only camper in this model in Holland. The sape is wonderfull. but there is no manual with it. I am facing problems with all kind of things like....how to get the boiler on. Cappacity of the water tanks. and how tu use the LPG tank to heat the cook plate and how to use the mino oven, grill. ho can help me with a manual or his experiance !! many thanks and regards from the Netherlands

jack
dutch jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #2

hi i am conctacting anyone ho can help me with the following matter. I am mailing from the Netherlands. europe. I bought a toyota mini cruiser in a quite well state. It is a 1985 manufactured and imported camoer from the USA. think it is the only camper in this model in Holland. The sape is wonderfull. but there is no manual with it. I am facing problems with all kind of things like....how to get the boiler on. Cappacity of the water tanks. and how tu use the LPG tank to heat the cook plate and how to use the mino oven, grill. ho can help me with a manual or his experiance !! many thanks and regards from the Netherlands

jack
Old 03-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #3

Hello Jack, and Welcome !

You will need to give us some more details to help identify the camper. Over the years there are multiple possibilities. There are typically two parts produced by different companies -
- the motor, drive-train and frame plus suspension, axles and so forth (like on a car)
- the house body with the beds, cabinets, roof and walls.

You can start by listing all the "names" that appear on the exterior, this would help identify the manufacturer, the make and model.
There may be additional information inside the glove-compartment / map-box. Sometimes there is information on the vehicle door frames or door edges. Inside some campers there is an information sheet attached to a cabinet door, perhaps the one under the kitchen sink.

Then, in addition to the two companies building the basic shell / structure, there are different sources for the 'hot water heater' / boiler; for the furnace; for the refrigerator, and so forth. This will require seeking out the labels their makers attached to them.

With that information, someone here may recognize what you have and be able to direct you to a source (perhaps a web-site) for documentation or a user manual.

My signature used to include a link to my personal web-site - - - however:
DavidMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #4

Hi David

thanks for your welcome, and thanks for bringing me on the track. I will get all the detailles and keep in tuch with you. I saw indeed on a USA page that ther are a lot different interieurs. So I will get serie numbers etc. Also i will send some pictures.

the motor home is still in the gareage to fixe someting on the motor, bus, as i sayed, to start the LPG oven, grill and to heat the boiler seems a big problem for a Dutch meganisien......

we keep in tuch.

best regards

jack

ps. we are facing now 9.00 in the morning, whats your time tabel
Old 03-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #5

Regarding relative time-of-day:

Depending upon in which of the four time-zones in the USA the various members of this forum reside (or are presently camping) - -
GMT -5 (New York)
GMT -6
GMT -7
GMT -8 (California)
And then there is that silly "day-light-savings time" adjustment which presently is starting the day "one hour earlier".

Consequently, consider postings to the forum to sometimes being delayed by a day before expecting a response.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #6

oke thanks

I will do my home work as prommised and come back to you.

dutch jack
Old 03-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #7

hi David

so you brought me on track. Indeed there was in a draw full information, wich is saying noting to me right now but I think it will get you some info.

the model is 21 ft.-RK M324
manufactured by Sunland Expresse Neririfields
Nishawaka

man. serie number 27899

is that saying someting !

TRA label ( what is that ) 42523

the rest is all technical info.like Heating Duo therm 6617-007

oven elixeer 16480B
fridge norcold 174 BGZ

I will look also on the net for sunland expresse

what is your idea and information

best regards

Jack
Old 03-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #8

You have hit on some of the identifying information, I have made some key words "bold" (darker print).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dutch jack:

the model is 21 ft.-RK M324
manufactured by Sunland Express e Neririfields
Nishawaka

man. serie number 27899

TRA label ( what is that ) 42523

the rest is all technical info.like Heating Duo therm 6617-007

oven elixeer 16480B
fridge norcold 174 BGZ

I will look also on the net for sunland expresse

Jack
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So now some people on this forum with direct experience with those particular brands of appliances can respond to your questions.

You will also want to identify the brand of the water-heater (probably "Atwood" or "Suburban") to better get help on that.

Be certain there is propane in the tanks, that the valves are on as you begin to test the appliances. You should get propane gas on the cook top simply by pushing-in-and-turning the valve - - you will need to use a match/lighter to ignite it.

To get a pilot light to start, you will need to turn the valve to the correct position (typically marked "pilot") and push-it-in-and-hold-it while applying a flame to the place where the pilot should be. You need to hold it in this temporary position for a couple of minutes until the safety sensor resets for normal operation (and keeps the pilot flame going).

You might want to re-post in this same conversation thread a single specific question, one at a time to better focus the readers attention and get direct to-the-point responses.