Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2011, 06:07 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
That would be my question. My unit has no covers at all, and I am still contemplating whether I should buy some or not. Would those covers interfere with the operation of a fantastic fan?
The only interaction is a slightly reduced air flow, but I haven't found that to be a problem. The ability to use the fantastic fan in the rain offsets any reduced air flow.

The covers also allow ventilation with the fan off, keeping debris out.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
dont forget you can also get a smoke finish some what darkening but looks better than white .we did go w/black but it is a dark coach
brianj

Old 03-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #17
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
I just installed the Maxxair 2, I dry fitted the black but it was total darkness so I returned them and installed the smoke colored, the smoke goes perfect with the body paint, also installed clear vent covers. I am very satisfied with the results.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have had maxxair on the trailers, and aeroflo on the last two coaches. I love the covers for keeping rain out and they have been one of the first things I have put on a camper over the years. The prob with the aeroflo's was you needed a screwdriver to open them and clean out the leaves, and they were hard to reassemble again. You had to get the hinge lined up just so.
I just got the maxxair II on order in smoke. Thank you for all the replies. The smoke will look better then the white and should, I hope, let in more light.
I have to look into those clear covers now
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #19

It is always interesting to read a post saying the white lets in more light but the black looks prettier from the/ outside. I don't remember ever walking thru a campground and saying, Look at that beautiful coach. Too bad the vent cover is white.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob View Post
It is always interesting to read a post saying the white lets in more light but the black looks prettier from the/ outside. I don't remember ever walking thru a campground and saying, Look at that beautiful coach. Too bad the vent cover is white.
You might be surprised at some of us "builder" type people that when looking at MH, trucks, cars, etc. see things that are mounted crooked, bent, or otherwise out of place to what we see as right.

We do that with out even trying to, my thing is crooked mufflers showing
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy View Post
I see you left out the context of my sentence "... unless you dry camp a bunch... and in the rain"

Okay if you want to market these for forgetful people go ahead. For me it was not a value and I removed them.
Sorry you thought I took it out of context, that was not my desire. Only to limit what people have to read in the quote.

I am not in RV parts sales, now if you ever need gas logs...........
Old 03-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
You might be surprised at some of us "builder" type people that when looking at MH, trucks, cars, etc. see things that are mounted crooked, bent, or otherwise out of place to what we see as right.

We do that with out even trying to, my thing is crooked mufflers showing
Crooked,bent or out of place is one thing. Beauty over function is another. I worked with an achitect that didn't like switches so in manyy rooms you had to hunt for the light switch. The AC guy told her the registers she wanted would not function properly in this application. Her answer was I don't care if they work, I like the look.
So I guess black heat absorbing light blocking covers are better than white as long as they look good from outside.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #23
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Beauty over function

So I guess black heat absorbing light blocking covers are better than white as long as they look good from outside.
Would not letting light in early in the morning count as a function
See My RV Upgrades
Old 03-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Boy am I glad that my coach is white, with blueish and redish decals on! I can go with any color!
Maya the Rottweiler/Great Dane Mix
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Would not letting light in early in the morning count as a function
Good point . Now I have to change mine to black. But then I will have to paint the motorhome dark . How mant spray cans do you think I will need? It is 36'
Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

LOL, in this case the sat dome will be black, the tv antenna which is above the roofline and not the crank up kind, the ac covers are black also, so it will stand out like a sore thumb.... you would be surprised how many people will notice. If I have to buy new vent covers then I might as well get the best of both worlds.
Why do we order aluminum or alloy wheels on our cars when painted steel will be just as good and hold up better or spend foolish money making grass on the lawn the greenest on the street when in reality nobody really care besides ourselves.... lol
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

We spend several months a year in the RV and so encounter rain from time to time. We like to keep the vents open (unless using a/c or heat), so a cover over the FF is a plus for us. The big MaxxAir Fanmate works fine. The smaller one limits air flow a bit, but is adequate for the lower fan speeds.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If I got nothing else from this thread I do like the though about painting it so I'm thinking paint only the side facing the street of my white one versus replacing it. Now we'll just have to see if I ever get around to doing it

See My RV Upgrades