Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #1

MaxxAir II Vent Cover

Do any of you guys use the MaxAir II vent covers over your kitchen vent/fan? I know the MaxxAir people want you to use the Fan/Mate vent cover, but is it really worth 2 times the price of the MaxAir II? It also seems the installation is much simpler for the MaxxAirII. It seems that they recommend installing the Fan/Mate into the roof, while the MaxAir II can just be screwed into the flange.

Can I get away with just using the MaxxAir II?
rrawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #2

I have used the first design (around $35.00) on the last three coach's. All had the fantastic fan. Never had one problem with any of them. I installed three on one coach. I have one on the coach I have now and will install two more on the remaining vents.
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. FYI, Camping World has them (MaxxAir II's) on sale for $34.99 with free shipping. I think I am going to stick with them and hold off on the vent/mate.
rrawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I installed two FAN/MATE covers on the fans on my 2010 40G Discovery as that is what the dealer recommended. I bought them about a year ago but didn't pay anywhere near $70 and got free shipping at that time. They were a breeze to install and existing vent cover opens almost all the way. You CAN as stated, leave the vent open during a rain, and while your on the road.

Just my experience......
tmmk90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #5

x2 what tmmk90 said. I've left the vents open in some pretty good rains wind and haven't gotten any water inside the coach.
Poptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just installed a Camco version on the MH for all 3 vents, this includes the kitchen "Fantastic Fan" vent too. The fan-tastic fan install was slightyl different than the others, I just sheet metal screwed the cover brackets where they needed to be and all works well. Sure dont want to put more holes in the roof.
I Bought on amazon @ 14.99ea w/free shipping. I have the original max air's on the toy trailer, very comparable in quality, but much cheaper price. All vent are slightly limited from full open but I don't think this will affect venting.

Tags
vent