Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
MCD American Duo Imstall

Our installation of house American Duo Shades began yesterday. We pulled into the parking lot and were quickly greeted by Jim and his DW Peggy. They were just finishing assisting another get backed in and the electric hooked up.

Jim directed me to swing wide to the right and back her in. No issues there and before we knew we were hooked up and Peggy came aboard and we look through the color swatches. Talked about the process and that was that. Peggy is quite the saleswoman as we were going to leave the small window over the sink and the two bathroom windows as is with the mini blinds. With a little easy persuasion we added the duos to kitchen and went with day shades in the bathrooms. The baths have that crinkle glass you can't see through but the day shades will provide UV protection and cut down some on heat. Like I said - an easy sell.

This afternoon we received the call and quotes by email right on schedule. I've posted elsewhere that I've spoken to several folks I'm their office and all have been great to work with.

We're scheduled for pickup at 5 on Friday. I will let ya know how it turns out but of their customer service is any indication, I know it'll be on time and excellent.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We have them in our Winnebago Vista. The shades are great and you will love them. Day shades (black ones) really aid in keeping the heat out too. It cool watching them go up slow. Looks like they are powered.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghutch
We have them in our Winnebago Vista. The shades are great and you will love them. Day shades (black ones) really aid in keeping the heat out too. It cool watching them go up slow. Looks like they are powered.
You are so right. Picked up today and WoW - they are everything promised. We found a color of night shade that ties everything together nicely. It was hard to know with a swatch how it would look in full scale. But WoW.

We will need to have a little valance work done for the window over the kitchen sink - as the bracket size of the duo's is longer than the valance that covered the old Venetian style blind that was there. It will end up shortening the height of the small winnow a bit - but the day shade will cut the uv and heat and the night shade really completes the look. Very satisfied even with this window.

What an improvement over those accordion shades in looks and operation. Next up - the cockpit - but need to put some more pennies in the piggy bank. Now that will really be something to see.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote