Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2015, 05:23 PM   #1

MH Safety Inspection - Ontario

Hi All,
close to buying a used RV. One question I have is:
Is there anything special you need on the safety to change ownership, can my regular garage I take my car to do the safety? I see sometimes where people advertise as having propane inspected. do you need a certificate to license.
thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2015, 06:15 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Might disclose your state. In my state, they treat a Class-C or a Class-A just like an auto, needs a safety inspection and that's it.

Your "regular garage" may be able to do a basic inspection, but for service that requires a lift, the garages that can accommodate the size will be very limited.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:20 AM   #3

Yes, sorry, im in Ontario Canada.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #4

In ontario yr mech can cert or canadian tire yu may need a emissions test. The propane if required will need a certified propane person to recert it. Has to be done every few years just cant remember the number, not near my mh at the moment. There should be a metal tag at the tank
Old 07-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjerrard View Post
In ontario yr mech can cert or canadian tire yu may need a emissions test. The propane if required will need a certified propane person to recert it. Has to be done every few years just cant remember the number, not near my mh at the moment. There should be a metal tag at the tank
Its like he said. But not sure about the propane tank. I have one that is horizontal. When I imported the M/H from the usa several years ago, I don't remember it checked then or on the biannual safety/emmision test checks that I have had since.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:23 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Are you importing it?

If so you will have to have a pressure check done on the propane but since it is new to you, you should have it done anyway. The tank won't need inspection. They are good for life. The RV shop closest to me doesn't even do RV Brakes so an RV shop isn't always the answer either.
Some truck repair businesses will do this kind of inspection for things like tires, brakes, etc.

Tags
safety